Cunill Tranquilo finest grind is too coarse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cunill Tranquilo finest grind is too coarse

The problem Im having with the Tranquilo is that at its finest grind setting before it fails to grind at all, I get a barely usable grind that will give me a [ch8805]10-second extraction on the Oscar with the Synesso double basket packed and tamped to the max. Im getting much better results from a used Sunbeam EM0480.

Is there a pictorial or video guide (or a written guide for dummies) on troubleshooting the Tranquilo to improve the fineness of its grind? I dont really know my way around the inside of a grinder.

Re: Cunill Tranquilo finest grind is too coarse

Have you tried tamping with less pressure? I found this works for me. I dont have the same grinder, but experienced the same problem at the finest grind.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 010D04040707010A100B11620 link=1334883425/1#1 date=1334896567
      Have you tried tamping with less pressure?
      Hes already getting gushers at the finest setting with an overdose "packed and tamped to the max". A lighter tamp would not help unless you increase dose but sounds like hes already overdosing. How fresh/stale are the roasted beans? Could be the burrs are worn and need replacement. Maybe give the burrs a good clean, together with fresh roasted beans and see what that does.

Comment

Sounds lik worn burrs to me too. I have this grinder and I could set it much finer if I needed too.

Comment

Working...
        X