Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable Grinder for home and light commerical use

Hi all,

I have done alot of reading on this but still somewhat confused on what would be a suitable grinder for my needs. I would like to use the grinder for home use but also in the future some light commerical use. Saying that should I be considering two grinders?
    Am I being unrealistic by saying my budget would be no more than $1200-$1500. Less if there is one suitable??

The bottom line is what would be a good entry level grinder which would suit home but also and more importantly light commerical use. Without Compromising the beans being grounded.

Cheers,

Chris

Re: Suitable Grinder for home and light commerical use

Hi Chris,
    It would help people if you would elaborate on what light commercial use means.
    Cheers
    BOSW

Comment

Hi Chris,

I think something like a Mazzer SJ or SJ-E would be a good candidate. It will be fine for "light commercial" which Ill choose to interpret as <10kg/week.

For home use, you option a super short hopper and you are ~500m tall. The larger hopper can be employed when you go commercial.

We currently have just that option in an immaculate, very low use demo for sale at the bottom end of your budget. Drop me a line if youd like further details.

Alternately, there are plenty of doser grinder options within your budget. You might even look for a pre-loved Mazzer Kony, Compak K10 or or something similar depending on your available space at home.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, I should elaborate on what I mean when i say light commerical. If i am selling beans to order or at a local market and a person would like thoese beans ground instead of whole bean. I guess im wanting to know what are the implications of using a home based grinder to to grind 250g - 500g at one time eg heat through the grinder. At what stage do these more commerical based grinders start where this is not an issues.

thanks chris for you relpy i will be in contact shortly.

Thanks and Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 616D64646767616A706B71020 link=1335386803/3#3 date=1335396814
          Thanks for the replies guys, I should elaborate on what I mean when i say light commerical. If i am selling beans to order or at a local market and a person would like thoese beans ground instead of whole bean. I guess im wanting to know what are the implications of using a home based grinder to to grind 250g - 500g at one time eg heat through the grinder. At what stage do these more commerical based grinders start where this is not an issues. 
          Hi Chris,

This is not a job for any espresso grinder. Not even at Robur level.

You need to look at purchasing a suitable commercial bag grinder. Brands such as Ditting, DIP, Mahlkoenig, Climax etc come to mind.

Dennis had one listed in his cuppacoffee closing sale. I know the grinder and would strongly advise you give him a buzz. If its still available its an absolute steal.

Comment

Originally posted by 65505D5A6E725E57575454310 link=1335386803/4#4 date=1335407962
            Dennis had one listed in his cuppacoffee closing sale. I know the grinder and would strongly advise you give him a buzz. If its still available its an absolute steal.
            Its still available, but not for much longer - all 35kg of it! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 64454E4E4953200 link=1335386803/5#5 date=1335415452
              Originally posted by 65505D5A6E725E57575454310 link=1335386803/4#4 date=1335407962
              Its still available, but not for much longer - all 35kg of it!  ;D
              I am soooooooo tempted to buy it myself!

Comment

Grinding large amounts of coffee in an espresso grinder is a bad idea.
                Most of these motors are rated for intermittent use only--30 sec. at a time.

Greg

Comment

Working...
                X