grinder recommendation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grinder recommendation.

Hi folks, i have the la pavoni JDR doser, and what i have noticed is that there seems to be a ton of grind left behind only to be used the next day. unacceptable

What i am looking for is a machine that has an electronic timer that will give me just about all the grind so none is left over for a bad cup the next day. Also, cleanliness is paramount. (wife is a nut should be as quiet as possible...

cheers

steve

Re: grinder recommendation.

Manual grinder with a digital clock stuck to the side?

Breville bcg800 is reputed to be quiet and clean, though Im not sure how much it retains in the grind path,

Macap M4D perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by 7E5347555A5B5C55734674534657320 link=1335661416/1#1 date=1335667814
      Im not sure how much it retains in the grind path,
      I use a Breville BCG800 Smart Grinder.  Nothing is retained as the delivery of grounds is down a straight vertical tube from the burrs to the filter basket. I normally add just enough beans needed to fill the basket and I grind untill the grinder is empty. This grinder is very clean.  Usually no spilage.

I once has a Sunbeam grinder. The delivery tube was at about 45 degrees and needed bumping to get it to flow. A lot of grounds ended up on the bench.

As far as price goes the Madcap costs about $1,300, and the Breville can be bought for about $200 to $300.

The Madcap may be the better grinder but is it 6 times better than the Breville?

Barry.

Comment

ty folks, will check out the breville...

Comment

Working...
        X