No announcement yet.

Grinder or Thermoix TMX31 or HotmixPro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinder or Thermoix TMX31 or HotmixPro?

Has anyone tried it? For expressor machine coffee.

I was thinking doing it that way instead of getting a Breville grinder.

How fine? Is there a chart/pictures reference to know or grinder 101 I can learn?

TIA

Re: Grinder or Thermoix TMX31 or HotmixPro?

Hello TIA,

I think you will find that you need a real coffee grinder, not an appliance designed to do something else.

This is probably the right forum area to ask your question. Cross-posting in the other thread is unlikely to generate any further responses.

Comment

Get a real grinder. I couldnt find the thermoix but the hotmix didnt have a grinder attachment, it looked more like a herb chopper that can also blitz coffee.

Even grind size is essential to good tasting espresso, those appliances will give you coffee dust along with woodchips.

Comment

(First post..have been reading for a while but time to jump in!)

Ive seen the Thermomix in action - considering buying one (not for coffee).

You wont have a problem with getting the grind fine enough (those things can mill flour!) The problem would be getting an even grind without turning it to powder.

It might work for a Turkish grind...but not for espresso.

Comment

Agree, the thermomix is a great machine (we have had one for a while now), but not for grinding coffee beans, where it would act like a cheap spice grinder (more of less). A proper coffee grinder not only will grind at the correct fine-ness, but also the particle distribution is important, and a coffee grinder will get you there. With knife blades whizzing around smashing the beans up you will be guessing with both and have no chance in repeating results.

Cheers

Comment

I have a Thermomix, not so great for grinding coffee. Great for heating milk though.

Comment

Working...
            X