Mazzer Mini vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazzer Mini vibration

I have just purchased a new Mazzer Mini grinder, it works just fine but when I place the portafilter on the forks while grinding it vibrates quite bad... metal on metal I guess but is this normal or not?.. thanks. :-/

Re: Mazzer Mini vibration

Originally posted by 4C62686A66030 link=1338362406/0#0 date=1338362406
    I have just purchased a new Mazzer Mini grinder, it works just fine but when I place the portafilter on the forks while grinding it vibrates quite bad... metal on metal I guess but is this normal or not?.. thanks. :-/
    Not normal Oakie, I own a Mazzer Mini, no vibration at all under the conditions you describe, suggest you talk to the retailer you bought it from.

Comment

Sounds very strange. Ive had my mazzer mini for 5 years and never had any vibration issues. Is the vibration there if you run the grinder without beans?

Comment

Hang on everyone. Define vibration. Is there any vibration with the grinder on, whilst the portafilter is resting on the forks?? Of course there is - this is quite normal. Depends on how you define vibration. Its not meant to be very violent, but it does vibrate.

Comment

Originally posted by 23242F2F243535410 link=1338362406/3#3 date=1338375559
          Hang on everyone. Define vibration. Is there any vibration with the grinder on, whilst the portafilter is resting on the forks?? Of course there is - this is quite normal. Depends on how you define vibration. Its not meant to be very violent, but it does vibrate.
          I agree Bennett, there is some barely perceptible vibration, which is quite normal, however Okie says his MM "vibrates quite bad" this is not normal.

Comment

Yeah, fair enough Jon. I thought of that after I posted. However, one mans vibration, can be another mans smooth sailing. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 787F74747F6E6E1A0 link=1338362406/5#5 date=1338380659
              one mans vibration, can be another mans smooth sailing.
              Very true.

Comment

Thanks for your replies... I contacted the NZ Mazzer importers today and asked them to listen to the vibration through the phone.. it only took a couple of seconds for them to agree there is something not right and since I have only owned it new for one week they will send me a replacement.. fair enough.. cheers..D.

Comment

Originally posted by 2F010B0905600 link=1338362406/7#7 date=1338447852
                  Thanks for your replies... I contacted the NZ Mazzer importers today and asked them to listen to the vibration through the phone.. it only took a couple of seconds for them to agree there is something not right and since I have only owned it new for one week they will send me a replacement.. fair enough.. cheers..D.
                  Good to hear Okie, hope all goes well with the replacement.

Comment

Hey Oakie,
                    Did you find out what the vibration was? And did you notice any difference in the cup when you get the new one?

I bought a Super Jolly 2nd hand, and it's got a bit of a vibration when I rest the of on the forks. I'll take a video and post it at some stage, but it's definitely louder than other mazzers I've seen/used.

Comment

Bames,... no I never found out what the vibration was in fact it ended up quite nasty in the end... I demanded my money back and purchased a new Macap M4..
                      The vibration was that bad the portafilter was almost bouncing when resting on the forks.. made quite a noise as well.. The Mazzer was brand new.
                      cheers D.

Comment

Working...
                      X