Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Pavoni Burr replacement

Hi all,

A couple of days ago I was putting some Nicaragua Matagapla through the grinder and I heard an unusual sound (foreign object?) going through.

Ive had a run of bad coffees since then and only cottoned on to the grinder incident yesterday morning. As I operate a lever machine the occasional bomb is experienced (very infrequently) and the machine chocks on settings where it never used to. I opened up the grinder and couldnt find any signs of obvious catastrophic damage - yes, I have never replaced the burrs - so my questions:

Is burr replacement indicative of coffee going south very quickly or is it a gradual process? I have a lever and grinder at work so its not like I wouldnt notice a gradual reduction in performance.

How sharp are burrs meant to be? I can run my fingers of them without any skin damage.

Do those burrs look alright still?

And most importantly: Where can I get replacement burrs for my grinder? I have searched the net and so far have only found one place in the US that doesnt ship outside the US- gerkhins.

Thanks.

(jeez..you dont know how much you miss something till its gone.... :-[ )

Re: La Pavoni Burr replacement

You could call the Pavoni dealers in Sydney, Euroespresso. Here is a link to their web page.

http://www.euroespresso.com.au/pages/index.htm

Comment

Re: La Pavoni Burr replacement

Thanks,

yip they had. Didnt get here in time for the weekend so my work grinder has come home....

Comment

Working...
      X