Coffee Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Mill

Looking for an electronic Coffee Mill for small batch roasting house/retail store. 500g-750g hopper .Any suggestions?

At the bottom end you could look for a used Climax grinder on the bay of evils... for a mid range commercial offering you could talk to Mark at Coffee Roasters Australia about his DIP grinders and at the top end you have Mahlkonig and Ditting

Comment

I use Ditting, can't recommend highly enough. If you are serious, don't Climax.

)

Comment

Coffee Mill

At the roastery I work at, we use a Ditting and it does a fantastic job.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like its a Ditting!!! Any advise on the LM Linea Mechanical Paddle. Looking at getting a 2grp for the shop. I've been using LM's for years/Linea/GB5 ect. Played around on a Synesso and it feels a bit "Loose". Comparison in a commercial environment????

Comment

Originally posted by addis View Post
            Thanks for the feedback. Looks like its a Ditting!!! Any advise on the LM Linea Mechanical Paddle. Looking at getting a 2grp for the shop. I've been using LM's for years/Linea/GB5 ect. Played around on a Synesso and it feels a bit "Loose". Comparison in a commercial environment????
            Dennis had a Linea MP when he ran Cuppacoffee in Sylvania. As I recall, he had a few issues with it.

Hopefully he'll see this and may wish to add some comments....

Comment

It's a nice machine. But then again we all tend to love what we have chosen. There were issues:

1. The PID was never setup correctly and it took a tech and me more than seven hours to do it properly. The importers, Allpress, were unable to provide any support.
              2. There are several o-rings in each paddle that work very hard and needed to be replaced twice a year. You need a special tool to do the work, and make one tiny mistake, and you will be up for a new teflon piston for circa $200 a pop. I broke one and a tech broke another.
              3. The ruby restrictors might not encourage scale build up, but some of the metal tubing used near the heads perishes. I've never seen anything like it.
              4. Allpress used to have a couple in their cafe. As you'd imagine, it's very busy there and once the novelty wore off the barista's didn't use the preinfusion capability at all. From memory, they ended up changing them for some push button jobbies.

I know this doesn't sound like a glowing review, so I should also say that if you used the machine properly, had a feel for where the sweet spot was on each paddle, then the result would often be pure nectar.

Comment

Working...
              X