Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grinder - sub $400

Hi,

I was hoping you all might be able to offer me some advice. I'm looking to upgrade from my SB 0480. My budget is $350 - $400.

The grinder would be paired with my Silvia and used for 2 - 4 shots a day.

I've been looking around and the grinders i'm considering at the moment are the Baratza Preciso (good reviews) @ $330, the Breville Smart (these seem a bit hit and miss?) @ $299 and a Wega 5.8 Instant @ $450 (rebadged K3 Touch - budget breaker).

I've also been considering this Per the http://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-har...icy-rules.html commercial link removed

The second hand seems to be a rebadged K6? - it's 3yrs old, new burr set, recond' - 3 month warranty.

If you could advise me regarding anything that should also be in my consideration set - please do.

I'd also really like to buy from a sponsor if possible, but being in Perth I don't like the idea of buying sight unseen from over east. Am I missing any Perth Sponsors?

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dean
    Last edited by Javaphile; 13 October 2012, 05:14 PM. Reason: commercial link removed

Hi deanot,

I might sound like a salesmen trying to get you to buy something beyond your budget. However if you could squeeze a little more out of the wallet you wont be disappointed with a K3 touch or push.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by coffeechris View Post
      Hi deanot,

I might sound like a salesmen trying to get you to buy something beyond your budget. However if you could squeeze a little more out of the wallet you wont be disappointed with a K3 touch or push.

Chris
      x 2. You are within striking distance of the K3P and it's the bang for buck choice in this price bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by deanot View Post
        Am I missing any Perth Sponsors?
        dimattina located at osborne park =)

Comment

Originally posted by timdimdom View Post
          dimattina located at osborne park =)
          Thanks for the tips - i'll have a chat with the guys at dimattina on Monday.

Comment

Re: New Grinder - sub $400

I'm quite happy with my Baratza Preciso, but it is my first big boy grinder

Comment

If you want to keep it under $400, and you want to buy new and sooner rather than later, I'd recommend the Baratza.
              If you can wait until the right one comes around and are happy with 2nd hand, then wait and watch here for a mini, SJ, macap, compak etc. They're pretty indestructible so buying 2nd hand is pretty safe (even evil bay or gumtree)

Comment

Working...
              X