Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Rocky Question

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if it's me being out of practice (moved in May and haven't use it) or if my eyes ain't seeing right but can everyone just post what setting they would use/did use for a Rocky straight out of the box (i.e. no true zero fiddling, etc.)?

I pulled it out of the box yesterday and for some reason (as I said above, it might even be my sleepy morning eyes), the crema is not as good as I usually get for the same type of beans I normally use (beans are fresh-ish) but I can't remember what setting I used before.

Every grinder is different (yes, even right from the factory), your numbers won't likely be comparable to anybody else's numbers. Your best bet is to play with it a bit to find the best setting for your beans.

Comment

Find true zero (wind the top burr in until you can just hear it touching the the bottom one) then begin calibrating from there.
      Are you using fresh beans? if they are the same lot you have had hanging around since your move in May I suspect not.

Comment

Yep beans are roasted last week...

I don't know - the timing and taste is ok (like usual) but the crema is quite thin.. maybe it's just me?

Comment

Re: Simple Rocky Question

Originally posted by lilmeh View Post

I don't know - the timing and taste is ok (like usual) but the crema is quite thin.. maybe it's just me?
          Clean grinder, clean machine? I've seen dirty equipment kill crema pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by lilmeh View Post

"(i.e. no true zero fiddling, etc.)?"
            The amount of work involved in finding the zero point is minimal, suggest you do it.
            Your not giving us much to work on, i.e' duration and volume of shot, type of machine, volume of coffee etc.

Comment

My bad guys... I think it's the cup (wide base) heh. Switched back to my takeaway cups and all is good.

Comment

Working...
              X