X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compak K3 Adjustment Collar

Question to Compak owners
    This is my first Compak
    -Should the K3 show evidence of looseness /slack / movement in the top burr holder / adjustment ring collar. this is from the 3 tangs / guides that lock in the top burr. I checked a K10 at a roaster /cafe I got coffee from mid week and it was rock solid at the adjustment ring.
    This is causing sloppy / poor grind adjustment when n use.
    Remove top burr holder cleaned and re-assembled twice now as per owners manual.

Any comments
    Thanks
    EA

Hello EA,

When you actually look at the perceived "slack" in the top burr holder, you will see that it's just the mechanism.

The friction built into the system ensures that the top burr is rock solid in operation and does not move at all.

Have a good look over how it actually operates when you next have it out.

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by TC; 8 December 2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EspressoAdventurer View Post
      Question to Compak owners
      This is my first Compak
      -Should the K3 show evidence of looseness /slack / movement in the top burr holder / adjustment ring collar. this is from the 3 tangs / guides that lock in the top burr. I checked a K10 at a roaster /cafe I got coffee from mid week and it was rock solid at the adjustment ring.
      This is causing sloppy / poor grind adjustment when n use.
      Remove top burr holder cleaned and re-assembled twice now as per owners manual.

Any comments
      Thanks
      EA
      I don't think question was ever answered???
      Last edited by NuBEnFL; 1 September 2016, 03:33 PM. Reason: Insert Video

Comment

Originally posted by NuBEnFL View Post
        I don't think question was ever answered???
        As Chris says in post #2, the movement/slack that one detects is purely with respect to the black plastic collar that one uses to adjust the grind setting. There is no slack in the burrs / burr holders (or at least shouldn't be). If the slack on the adjustment ring is causing a problem, after setting grind gently push the collar anti-clockwise so that the slack is taken up before taking note of the grind setting.

Comment

https://youtu.be/6Ro_Lijtlt8I attached a video

https://youtu.be/6Ro_Lijtlt8
          Last edited by NuBEnFL; 2 September 2016, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Not sure if it's normal but mine does that. I leave it in the most clockwise position of the wiggle, as that is where it want to move to when I grind, and then it is solid.
            Originally posted by NuBEnFL View Post
            I attached a video

https://youtu.be/6Ro_Lijtlt8

Comment

Normal, mine does it too - the setting does not change

Comment

Working...
              X