New Breville BCG820 "Smart Grinder Pro"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Breville BCG820 "Smart Grinder Pro"

the feature circled in red was not on BCG800 right ? If is the case, I think it is for fixing the requirement of shim adjustments. Anyway I just bought my grinder and 920, didnt realize I have a different model until I read the manual. I thought I needed shim kit since the pull was like 200ml (lol) on a double shot with single wall filter.

There is an adjustment on the top burr where you turn to change the setting in the fine and coarse directions.
    From factory it was on setting "5", you can adjust it.. I adjusted my to "1" finest. The pull is "normal" now... nice crema...

Wow! OMG!! Bravo Breville for once again listening to your customers.

just to be clear, you don't need to shim, you can simply adjust the burr with the hopper removed? Awesome!

Comment

Bummer ... I just got an 800 2 weeks ago. Oh well.

Comment

Don't worry Palindrome after the first time it's literally 1-2 mins to add/remove shims as required to get same effect.

800 is my 3rd grinder and I love it, design touches are great, particularly removing hopper without beans spilling - that's an engineering marvel in itself!

Comment

Originally posted by KiteStyle3 View Post
          Don't worry Palindrome after the first time it's literally 1-2 mins to add/remove shims as required to get same effect.

800 is my 3rd grinder and I love it, design touches are great, particularly removing hopper without beans spilling - that's an engineering marvel in itself!
          Yep that's not a problem. I have the shims and have been tweaking it as I go. I'm actually enjoying the experience of observing the differences that a small change can make.

Comment

Hrmm is there a newer version of the BCG800? can't seem to find any information about it online?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerstar View Post
              Hrmm is there a newer version of the BCG800? can't seem to find any information about it online?
              Yes, for sure. called the BCG 820 "pro"
              Saw them in Myers last week on offer at $199

Comment

New Breville BCG820 "Smart Grinder Pro"

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
                Yes, for sure. called the BCG 820 "pro"
                Saw them in Myers last week on offer at $199
                There doesn't seem to be any results when googling it and it's also not on the Breville website? When I look on the Myer website it says BCG800 for $199.

So what improvements does this have over the BCG800 other than what's in the OP?

Comment

There are little or no info on 820 even on the Breville website itself last time I checked(US or AU). But my is 820 as listed in the box and manuals, also as I asked in the original post rather that feature I circled in red is in 800?.. since I don't own a 800 I am unsure but looking at the top burr pictures of the 800 that is available online doesn't show that feature in red.

Comment

Originally posted by rotalution View Post
                    There are little or no info on 820 even on the Breville website itself last time I checked(US or AU). But my is 820 as listed in the box and manuals, also as I asked in the original post rather that feature I circled in red is in 800?.. since I don't own a 800 I am unsure but looking at the top burr pictures of the 800 that is available online doesn't show that feature in red.
                    Ok thanks. Is it labelled "Pro" as well?

Comment

Breville BCG820BSS Coffee Grinder Smart Grinder Pro

Comment

Betta has the 820 "Pro" version listed, seriously i am not sure rather that "Pro" means anything other then just a new spin word haha =)

Comment

Originally posted by rotalution View Post
                          seriously i am not sure rather that "Pro" means anything other then just a new spin word haha =)
                          Well , according to KatBrazier ..(the Breville service rep who posts on here ) in another thread....
                          ...for the record, we have just released the BCG820 with adjustable outer burr – no more shim kits!

Comment

Well that's pretty cool

Comment

Not sure if this was ever posted here, but Phil McKnight mentioned the upcoming release of 3 new grinders in the Seattle Coffee Gear interview video from April 2nd. Wonder where this BCG820 falls in the mix??? He says that there will be one above the Smart Grinder and 2 below the Smart Grinder. Looking forward to hearing more about Breville's new grinders!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3hL-PbKxjQ

Comment

Working...
                              X