Mazzer Mini E - easy cleaning tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazzer Mini E - easy cleaning tip

Having recently bought a mini E, which I love, I have been using it lovingly and reading all I can about getting the best from this little guy. So, like most I have removed the finger guard. Safety is a priority but even without the safety guard the mechanism is well away from fingers and it's hard to see much risk at all (I wouldn't do it if there was). Having done that there is the question of how to remove the grinds from the Shute behind the mesh. Easy and cheap solution. Take a bendy drinking strawer, and, will the machine off at the wall, poke gently in the holes in the mesh, then when the easy stuff is removed,blow through the strawer and the remainder will came away cleanly. If you do this at the end of each daily use, the buildup will be lose and easy to blow away. Avoids the problem of old grinds spoiling the first shot the next day. I'm sure there are more sophisticated ways, but this one is simple and easy enough to do quickly with great results!

One last point, buy pretty narrow drinking straws so they fit through the mesh and blow in the end away from the bend. Provides best access to bend the straw parallel to the bench and therefore perpendicular to the mesh

Comment

Breathing into the chute may not be all that hygienic not to mention build up of condensation that may cause even more clumping later on. There are many other methods including a pump lid that you can push down to push air through the chute. Here's my solution.

Comment

Originally posted by saoye View Post
        Breathing into the chute may not be all that hygienic not to mention build up of condensation that may cause even more clumping later on. There are many other methods including a pump lid that you can push down to push air through the chute. Here's my solution.

Aha, that little pump is exactly what I originally had in mind - so, from a camera equipment store you say, any in particular? Great suggestion.

Comment

Hi wholebean,

I bought three or 4 of these some time ago from, I think, Ted's Cameras in their city store in Adelaide. The full name is "Giottos Rocket Air". A good product.

Trevorbeans

Comment

We use a plunger to clean out our Roburs at work at the end of the day. Works a treat!

Comment

Originally posted by mwcalder05 View Post
              We use a plunger to clean out our Roburs at work at the end of the day. Works a treat!
              Hopefully before you use it to unblock the drains?

Comment

Working...
              X