oe lido 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oe lido 2

since it was announced late last year i've been keeping an eye on this and have noticed a couple batches were very quickly sold out from chris at talk coffee.

a quick search didnt yield any results on it here in CS so i thought i'd post and ask if anyone could give their feedback on their experiences the grinder? =)

cheers,
    tim

I think in fact Chris is still waiting for stock to arrive - apparently there have been some issues with supply - and so marked it as sold out to prevent further orders.

Cheers

Sniff

Comment

explains alot

Comment

We finally have confirmation that these are on the water. There will be plenty to go around.

ETA conformed as October.

Comment

Stock has finally landed and we will have ours on Thursday or Friday. Back orders will go express post same day and orders are open: OE Lido 2 grinder | Talk Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
            Stock has finally landed and we will have ours on Thursday or Friday. Back orders will go express post same day and orders are open: OE Lido 2 grinder | Talk Coffee
            I can vouch for the Lido 1; I use it with the Bacchi and it produces a top brew. The Lido 2 would be even better.

Comment

Hi Chris
              You've been using one for a few months now and mentioned in another thread about the glass catcher jar - how do you reckon it looks for longevity? Seem rugged enough?
              Me-thinking 4wd'ing trips etc …
              Cheers Matt

Comment

G'day Matt,

The catcher jar- just a jar. I understand that plenty of spares are coming in but I wonder why glass was used only for the jar? It doesn't seem to reduce static...

Out of curiosity, I looked in my pantry to see if something we had would be a replacement- but no go at our place.

Comment

Thanks Chris
                  Certainly not a deal breaker - looks like a great grinder!
                  I agree - the choice does seem a little strange for a hand-held item that will more than likely be knocked over or dropped at some stage. I'm sure someone in the CS community will find a work around though

Comment

Originally posted by DesigningByCoffee View Post
                    Thanks Chris
                    Certainly not a deal breaker - looks like a great grinder!
                    I agree - the choice does seem a little strange for a hand-held item that will more than likely be knocked over or dropped at some stage. I'm sure someone in the CS community will find a work around though
                    My Lido came in a neoprene carrier which keeps it reasonably well protected in between uses. Just need to be a little careful while using- no breakage yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavisconi007 View Post
                      My Lido came in a neoprene carrier which keeps it reasonably well protected in between uses. Just need to be a little careful while using- no breakage yet.
                      Seems it's an option now.

Comment

Mine has arrived - thanks for the prompt delivery Chris!

I haven't tried it yet but have adjusted the grind to the rough area for espresso as per the instructions.

Looks like a nice solid piece of kit. I plan to use it on holidays - it will take up less space in the boot than my HG-One!

Sniff

Comment

Originally posted by Gavisconi007 View Post
                          I reckon a neoprene wine bottle pouch could do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by SniffCoffee View Post
                            Mine has arrived - thanks for the prompt delivery Chris!

I haven't tried it yet but have adjusted the grind to the rough area for espresso as per the instructions.

Looks like a nice solid piece of kit. I plan to use it on holidays - it will take up less space in the boot than my HG-One!

Sniff
                            Hope you enjoy it Sniff,

Big rush to get them all out last night and I made the post office by....... 3 minutes!

All backorders went express post so for those in "the zone" as determined by Ozpost, you should have your grinder today.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Hi chris, of the reviews i read from the states i couldn't find any that used this for espresso based coffee. Any comments on how it goes when used for espresso?

Comment

Working...
                              X