Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oe lido 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • oe lido 2

    since it was announced late last year i've been keeping an eye on this and have noticed a couple batches were very quickly sold out from chris at talk coffee.

    a quick search didnt yield any results on it here in CS so i thought i'd post and ask if anyone could give their feedback on their experiences the grinder? =)

    cheers,
    tim

  • #2
    I think in fact Chris is still waiting for stock to arrive - apparently there have been some issues with supply - and so marked it as sold out to prevent further orders.

    Cheers

    Sniff

    Comment


    • #3
      explains alot

      Comment


      • #4
        We finally have confirmation that these are on the water. There will be plenty to go around.

        ETA conformed as October.

        Comment


        • #5
          Stock has finally landed and we will have ours on Thursday or Friday. Back orders will go express post same day and orders are open: OE Lido 2 grinder | Talk Coffee

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
            Stock has finally landed and we will have ours on Thursday or Friday. Back orders will go express post same day and orders are open: OE Lido 2 grinder | Talk Coffee
            I can vouch for the Lido 1; I use it with the Bacchi and it produces a top brew. The Lido 2 would be even better.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Chris
              You've been using one for a few months now and mentioned in another thread about the glass catcher jar - how do you reckon it looks for longevity? Seem rugged enough?
              Me-thinking 4wd'ing trips etc …
              Cheers Matt

              Comment


              • #8
                G'day Matt,

                The catcher jar- just a jar. I understand that plenty of spares are coming in but I wonder why glass was used only for the jar? It doesn't seem to reduce static...

                Out of curiosity, I looked in my pantry to see if something we had would be a replacement- but no go at our place.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks Chris
                  Certainly not a deal breaker - looks like a great grinder!
                  I agree - the choice does seem a little strange for a hand-held item that will more than likely be knocked over or dropped at some stage. I'm sure someone in the CS community will find a work around though

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DesigningByCoffee View Post
                    Thanks Chris
                    Certainly not a deal breaker - looks like a great grinder!
                    I agree - the choice does seem a little strange for a hand-held item that will more than likely be knocked over or dropped at some stage. I'm sure someone in the CS community will find a work around though
                    My Lido came in a neoprene carrier which keeps it reasonably well protected in between uses. Just need to be a little careful while using- no breakage yet.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gavisconi007 View Post
                      My Lido came in a neoprene carrier which keeps it reasonably well protected in between uses. Just need to be a little careful while using- no breakage yet.
                      Seems it's an option now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mine has arrived - thanks for the prompt delivery Chris!

                        I haven't tried it yet but have adjusted the grind to the rough area for espresso as per the instructions.

                        Looks like a nice solid piece of kit. I plan to use it on holidays - it will take up less space in the boot than my HG-One!

                        Sniff

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gavisconi007 View Post
                          My Lido came in a neoprene carrier which keeps it reasonably well protected in between uses. Just need to be a little careful while using- no breakage yet.
                          I reckon a neoprene wine bottle pouch could do the trick

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SniffCoffee View Post
                            Mine has arrived - thanks for the prompt delivery Chris!

                            I haven't tried it yet but have adjusted the grind to the rough area for espresso as per the instructions.

                            Looks like a nice solid piece of kit. I plan to use it on holidays - it will take up less space in the boot than my HG-One!

                            Sniff
                            Hope you enjoy it Sniff,

                            Big rush to get them all out last night and I made the post office by....... 3 minutes!

                            All backorders went express post so for those in "the zone" as determined by Ozpost, you should have your grinder today.

                            Cheers

                            Chris

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hi chris, of the reviews i read from the states i couldn't find any that used this for espresso based coffee. Any comments on how it goes when used for espresso?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X