Mini Mazzer stopped mid grind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Mazzer stopped mid grind

Hi all was just coarsely grinding some coffee for my cold press in my mini Mazzer I stopped mid beans to make a grind adjustment and switched it back on to nothing. Checked the PowerPoint all ok. It's not a timer model just on off switch and the little green light in on. If I listen real close I can hear a very faint hum.

Any ideas in what's going on?? I can't see any reset switch?

Thanks all

Ok guys just grabbed a socket and gave the nut in the middle of the burrs a slight twist it looks like some beans jammed the burrs. It's back purring away.

Is this normal or just a freak chance? I would have thought that the Mazzer wouldn't have jammed that easy.

Comment

If you tightened the grind while stationary it could have jammed it and not had enough grunt to start turning. It's always good practice to adjust grind while grinding.

Cheers

Comment

Pretty sure the Mini Mazzer booklet emphasizes that adjustment should always be made with the motor running, probably to avoid the problem you encountered.

Yep, I have a MM, follow the instruction and have never had any difficulty.

Comment

ah yes thanks guys forgot that!! Think I'm getting old... Or maybe need more coffee... Or due to lack of sleep (we just had a baby a few days ago).

Comment

Congratulations, and yes, they can jam.

Comment

Working...
            X