Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading to an Electric Burr Grinder...is the Baratza Encore a good choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to an Electric Burr Grinder...is the Baratza Encore a good choice?

Hi all,
    I am currently using a Hario Mini Mill hand grinder..considering upgrading to an electric burr grinder as the manual grinder does take quite awhile if I am making extra cups.
    For its price, the Baratza Encore looks like an attractive choice. Any thoughts from users out there? Thanks!

What machine are you grinding for?

Comment

Originally posted by richard_m_h View Post
      What machine are you grinding for?
      The Via Venezia - a manual espresso machine.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrownbean View Post
        Hi all,
        I am currently using a Hario Mini Mill hand grinder..considering upgrading to an electric burr grinder as the manual grinder does take quite awhile if I am making extra cups.
        For its price, the Baratza Encore looks like an attractive choice. Any thoughts from users out there? Thanks!
        I recently brought a new coffee machine and grinder and was looking extensively. I ended up getting the compak m3 push and couldn't be happier.
        It was $10 more expensive that the rocky but worth every cent.
        I use it with my espresso machine and my wife for filter. Easy to change from one extreme to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by madaxle View Post
          I recently brought a new coffee machine and grinder and was looking extensively. I ended up getting the compak m3 push and couldn't be happier.
          It was $10 more expensive that the rocky but worth every cent.
          I use it with my espresso machine and my wife for filter. Easy to change from one extreme to the other.
          I'm on a small budget hence am considering the Encore. How much does the compak cost?

Comment

Check sponsors ^^^^. Chris from Talk Coffee had a K3 push for $469. Other cheaper options if on a tight budget is Breville smart grinder or even Sunbeam em0480.

Comment

Thanks mmmcoffee for the suggestions. Breville seems to have really good reviews on this forum as well, might have a look at that too.

Comment

I suspect the Breville Smart Grinder will do the job nicely and they are well priced. I have one and its better than my hand grinder so you should have better coffee.

Comment

Hey brownbean, the smart grinders are apparently a great machine for price. I have a Porlex hand grinder which I use at work and camping with my Aeropress. Love my hand grinder but not for my daily grind though.

Enjoy and hope it goes well!!

Comment

Working...
                  X