The revolutionary ROK coffee grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The revolutionary ROK coffee grinder

Just saw this on indiegogo and was wanting to know what others may make of it.

Interesting. Sorta wants to be a manual Versalab in a way. I can't see that it offers anything that a Lido 2 doesn't. My opinion fwiw is that the Lido 2 looks to be a better design.

Comment

Interesting.... yeah, maybe but I agree with Chris.

Revolutionary? With 'traditional' steel or ceramic burrs? .....No, it's just another 'wheel'.

I'm waiting to see a 'revolutionary' grinder that uses a completely new technology/mechanism for the core purpose...

preparing coffee beans for use. That would truly be revolutionary...... if it worked! ;-)

Comment

"Revolutionary" made me cringe a little, just the marketing team adding fluff I expect.

I think it looks good and should be easier to use without chasing it all over the bench like so many hand grinders. It will be interesting to see what the real "street price" will be when they are in production... I'm guessing with wide distribution they will drop 10-20% under the US$200 and should make it another good option for those looking for a manual grinder.
        ...although I'm yet to use any manual grinder that I don't think a cordless drill could improve!

I'm waiting to see a 'revolutionary' grinder that uses a completely new technology/mechanism for the core purpose... preparing coffee beans for use. That would truly be revolutionary
        I have a sneaky suspicion that your wish will come true and you will see a revolutionary grinder in 2015.

Comment

Coffee must make me psychic and you omniscient....... " sneaky suspicion" eh?

Looks like you know something's in the roaster, Andy!!
          Last edited by chokkidog; 29 December 2014, 01:25 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by mve765 View Post
            Just saw this on indiegogo and was wanting to know what others may make of it.
            Isn't that just a play on words? aren't all grinders "revolutionary":-) excepting a Mortar and Pestle or a lump hammer of course.

Comment

Originally posted by noonar View Post
              Isn't that just a play on words? aren't all grinders "revolutionary":-) excepting a Mortar and Pestle or a lump hammer of course.
              Not unless you want to rewrite the dictionary. ;-D

Comment

Originally posted by chokkidog View Post
                Not unless you want to rewrite the dictionary. ;-D
                Revolutionary dictionary definition | Revolutionary defined

I'm a victim of cryptic crosswords chokkidog. so I still say it is a (not so) clever play on words. As for the grinder, looks OK, although IMO its more circumgyratory rather than revolutionary

Comment

I like the design. If the build quality any good, then it could be a good manual grinder at an affordable price. It will fit into the lower end of the big gap between the many small handheld grinders and the HG1.

It's simple, so it should be reliable, looks easy to clean, with little or no retention. The only other unit that I know of in this class is the OE Pharos, and this one looks a lot more user friendly than it.

I'm (almost) tempted to put myself on the pre-purchase list.

Comment

FWIW, I really can't see that it will do anything that the Lido 2 doesn't already do.

Comment

I'm a victim of cryptic crosswords chokkidog. so I still say it is a (not so) clever play on words. As for the grinder, looks OK, although IMO its more circumgyratory rather than revolutionary
                      Just for you then, call it 'Che, for example, hears mythical legendary bird of prey grinding'.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                        FWIW, I really can't see that it will do anything that the Lido 2 doesn't already do.
                        Not surprising.

Comment

Its all about Revolutions I ordered mine by the first 100 subscribers, I do own two ROK / PRESSO coffee-makers, makes a good coffee on the road during a pitstop ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            "Revolutionary" made me cringe a little, just the marketing team adding fluff I expect.

I think it looks good and should be easier to use without chasing it all over the bench like so many hand grinders. It will be interesting to see what the real "street price" will be when they are in production... I'm guessing with wide distribution they will drop 10-20% under the US$200 and should make it another good option for those looking for a manual grinder.
                            ...although I'm yet to use any manual grinder that I don't think a cordless drill could improve!

I have a sneaky suspicion that your wish will come true and you will see a revolutionary grinder in 2015.
                            I'm sorry but I have no need or intentions of using a cordless drill with the HG 1 I have and am very happy with it and as a result my compak k3t has not been used since,I would however like a little hopper attachment for easier bean dump into the grinder.
                            But as you say its revolutionary marketing hype.
                            The reason I bought this to peoples attention was there are few manual bench grinders like the HG 1 on the market at an attainable price if any ,and not to be confused with hand grinders like the Lido and Pharos. and just wanted to see what people thought ,but until we can get hands on time with this grinder its still an unknown entity.
                            +1 for the sneaky suspicion, but for me its going to have to out do the HG 1.
                            Can you tell I like My HG 1.

Comment

ROK grinder - thoughts?

Hey all - has anyone heard about the ROK grinder? It's a new manual grinder that looks pretty interesting. I was thinking about buying one but not sure if I'm just falling for a flashy video and a new gadget. Are any CS sponsors stocking this or planning to?

Comment

Working...
                              X