problem with Vario grinder - left adjustment moves whilst grinding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with Vario grinder - left adjustment moves whilst grinding

My vario grinder (the earlier version) has recently developed a strange problem - the left hand fine adjustment knob moves downwards whilst the grinder is grinding.

For my machine/grinder combo I generally have the right hand adjustment at the most fine setting (top), and the left adjustmnet 3 to 10 clicks down from the top (depending on bean age/roast). It seems the closer the left adjestment it is to the top (finest setting) the more likely it is that it drifts downward in the middle of the grind. I have to physically hold it in position.

Has anyone experience a similar problem with their Vario? Any ideas on how it could be fixed (other than taping the knob in place, which I don't want to do).

I know parts are available for these, so wondering if maybe something needs replacing internally?

This is not an unusual problem for this model. In fact it is very common. Baratza do not include it in the troubleshooting section of their website, but there is a video on YouTube showing how to install shims to fix it - search for this "Vario Series, Lever Arm Shimming"

Comment

Working...
    X