Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinder help for bacchi espresso machine

Hi All

I don't drink coffee (please don't shoot me) but my husband does and I am looking to get him a new grinder for his bacchi espresso machine but need your help!!

He currently has an old Dualit burr grinder but I think would like something a little more technical given how amazing the bacchi is.

Can anyone suggest something good that would work well? I was thinking anywhere up to $300 and it is unlikely it will be used for anything other than espresso but if there is the option to choose the grind for say plunger coffee that would be great too.

Thanks all. 😘

Welcome Flinty,

Is a hand grinder an option? You could go for the Orphan Espresso Lido 2 at <$300. Seems to be pretty quick to use as well as of excellent grind quality.

I love my Bacchi (just got back from 4 days in the mountains using it exclusively....gee it's a great piece of kit) and I pair it with a Macap M2M, but that will cost you more than $300. Macap M2M/Compak K3 Push would be where I'd start looking for an electric grinder, but you'd have to go 2nd hand to get them at $300. Others may have tried cheaper options (Smart Grinder/ Rocky) ?

Comment

The Isomac Professionale to fit your budget or the Macap m2m for a better grinder at a higher price.

Isomac Professionale

Macap M2M | Talk Coffee

And welcome to CS!

Comment

Ooh they look interesting. Thank you

and if I was to look into one just for espresso what would you suggest?

many thanks!

Comment

And yes the bacchi is incredible. He has just got his second one after the older version he had broke and it is great. He is into playing around with the beans next!

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
            And yes the bacchi is incredible. He has just got his second one after the older version he had broke and it is great. He is into playing around with the beans next!
            I have the Bacchi paired with a Lido (version 1). I spent 6 weeks in Bali with it and apart from Revolver Cafe in Seminyak it was producing the best coffee on the Island IMHO. And yes I did try the Luwak coffee much to my despair.

Comment

Ooh they look interesting. Thank you

and if I was to look into one just for espresso what would you suggest?

many thanks!
              The m2m, if you can stretch your budget that far.

Comment

Big fan of the M2M here.

Comment

Just out of interest....how did he manage to break the first Bacchi? Did he try using it as a jack when changing tyres or something?

Comment

I get what you're saying given it looks like it's built to go up into space! We had a problem with the base warping for no reason so they had to send us a new part then 3 years on and the spring inside broke so there was no pressure. No idea why - it had been working perfectly until it didn't.

The he new version with the coating on it is much better though.

Am am off to research all the recommendations. Thank you!

Comment

Ahhh fair enough. The M2M is particularly handy if you're ever likely to want to stick it and Bacchi in the boot and head to holiday house / apartment thingy. Quite a small footprint and small overall size.

Comment

Working...
                      X