OE Lido E hand grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OE Lido E hand grinder

We're bringing a small batch to Australia prior to their January launch. Thread pitch is finer for more adjustability for those who want to use a Lido primarily for espresso.

OE Lido E grinder | Talk Coffee

Ordered, can't wait to try it.

Comment

couldnt wait and am using one i bought from the UK, on a trip to Qld with the family (as i couldnt face my porlex handle coming off 4 times, every time i grind a coffee).
      For that reason alone its a great improvement - and much faster than the porlex

Comment

It seems the Lido E is the ducks guts of hand grinders these days if espresso is your thing. For 100% home coffee grinding (next to no travelling involved), is it safe to assume that the Lido E has essentially replaced the Pharos? I've always wanted a Pharos, but have never seen one for sale in Australia. Now I'm thinking it may not matter and I'll just grab an E and be done with it.

As soon as my KS pour over arrives I'll be electricity free for my coffee, barring the kettle for hot water (not sure if starting a fire in the middle of the kitchen is a good idea!)
        Last edited by elfinke; 13 October 2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I have a LIDO 1 & 2, though not the E, they both work well for espresso although I imagine the adjustment is an advantage. I also have a Hausgrind by Knock, its the same burr set but a very easy screw adjuster with a knurled knob on top of the handle - its my travel grinder of choice these days.
          I also have the first Pharos made, heavily modified and a class above most other hand grinders - but not very handy for travel!

Comment

Thanks for your patience guys. Lido 2, 3 and E (and accessories) went express post yesterday to those who were waiting. If you're in the zone, you should now have them.

Enjoy!

Chris

Comment

Received my Lido E today! Thanks a lot for your updates and excellent service Chris.

Comment

Also received Lido E today. Compared to Lido 2 = light!. Less aggressive burr means easier grind, but with the compromise of more turns. Still dialling in, but can already see that adjustments give more definite results and none of the vagueness that could be experienced with the L2. This is my third OE hand grinder, and again an improvement. Thanks Chris for service, and for the sacrifice in containing costs. Much appreciated.

Comment

So I'm about to pull the trigger on this for my traveling v60 kit. Should I get the lido 3 or lido 3E? It's only going to be used for my pour over. Just checking which is the better one for my purposes. Cheers

Comment

If you're sure you won't need to grind for espresso, the Lido 3 will be great with its folding handle and travel tote bag. It's the better of the two for travelling. E is the better one for espresso but has no folding handle.

Comment

Originally posted by CaffeinatedAndrew View Post
                      So I'm about to pull the trigger on this for my traveling v60 kit. Should I get the lido 3 or lido 3E? It's only going to be used for my pour over. Just checking which is the better one for my purposes. Cheers
                      Lido 3 for sure Andrew...

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Cheers Chris & samuellaw178

order has just been placed

Comment

Lido 3 vs Lido E

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                          Lido 3 for sure Andrew...

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

I have the original Lido 1, and I can grind for espresso no problem at all. I am looking though for a more compact hand grinder for travel, so the Lido 3 was on my short-list. Can any of our members explain how the Lido E is more superior to the Lido 3 when it comes to espresso (given that I am fine with the Lido 1 for espresso- maybe I'm just lucky?). My basic question is, will the Lido 3 also be fine for espresso or is the Lido E streets ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by Gavisconi007 View Post
                            Hi Chris

I have the original Lido 1, and I can grind for espresso no problem at all. I am looking though for a more compact hand grinder for travel, so the Lido 3 was on my short-list. Can any of our members explain how the Lido E is more superior to the Lido 3 when it comes to espresso (given that I am fine with the Lido 1 for espresso- maybe I'm just lucky?). My basic question is, will the Lido 3 also be fine for espresso or is the Lido E streets ahead?
                            If you're happy with the 2 for espresso, you will be fine with the 3. Regret I can't comment on the 1 as I have not touched one.

The only significant difference between the 2/3 and E is the thread pitch on adjustment.

Hope that helps

Chris
                            Last edited by TC; 5 November 2015, 01:41 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Sorry to be a nit-picker but there is another significant difference between the 2/3 and E, and that is the relocation of the bottom bearing in the E below the inner burr. This is to "deliver the grind consistency required for
                              espresso & Turkish coffee."

Comment

Working...
                              X