How to convert grinder to doserless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convert grinder to doserless?

I've just bought this 2007 commercial La San Marco 95/A and have removed the dosing chamber. I now need to somehow extend the chute so the grinds don't just dribble down the side.

Any suggestions before I just bodgy something up?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Advert 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	758141Click image for larger version

Name:	sm95a.jpg
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	758142

A funnel. Or make your own from some plastic sheeting or alum flashing.

Java "Search around, you'll find others who have done the mod" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Agree with JP...

If you know anyone with a 3D printer you may even be able to fabricate something that appears as though it was original...

Mal.

Comment

After much deliberation and googling, I spied a 2L coke bottle and had an epiphany. This is version 2 with the top and bottom caps in place. With version one grinds would escape out the top and bottom. Now works amazingly well.

Still looks a bit agricultural so I'm hoping I can find a similarly shape that looks more professional.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Doserless-funnel.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	741257

Edit: Yes that is my brand new Behmor in the background, got it only a few hours ago.

Comment

Gotta love innovation, no matter what form it takes...

And, congrats on the acquisition of the Behmor+. Lots of happy times ahead...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFreddofrog View Post
            Still looks a bit agricultural so I'm hoping I can find a similarly shape that looks more professional.
            Nice work, maybe one of those stainless steel water bottles could be adapted, it would produce less static than a plastic bottle?

GrahamK

Comment

That's a good idea. The static is only annoying in that it makes the dosing chamber/funnel look messy with bits being stuck to the sides.

Only issue I can see with ss is I won't be able to see the grinds flowing out of the grinder like a beautiful cascading waterfall of coffee

Comment

I converted an Anfim Best to doserless with some basic cad skills and a 3d printer.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1507765

Comment

Originally posted by Macropin View Post
                  I converted an Anfim Best to doserless with some basic cad skills and a 3d printer.
                  Great mod Macropin. I'd be interested to hear how MrFreddoFrog is going with his bottle :-)

Comment

Originally posted by matth3wh View Post
                    Great mod Macropin. I'd be interested to hear how MrFreddoFrog is going with his bottle :-)
                    Be careful what you wish for Matt.

Comment

Working...
                    X