Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New grinder from the folks behind the HG-One (and a new website)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New grinder from the folks behind the HG-One (and a new website)

Details can be found here. I am super excited for this grinder. My super jolly has served me well but i have been really looking for a grinder that caters to single dosing. While the hg-one peaked my interest. I am not really one for hand grinding in the morning.

Oh and it looks like the price will be 3200USD.

Comment

I was interested but not at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by mcoccia View Post
        I was interested but not at that price.
        Yup! I was expecting around 2k which i would have been happy to pay. This is approaching 5k once you import and pay all fees etc. I could get a robur and a ek43 for that price.

Comment

https://youtu.be/dik_wnOE4dk

Comment

Looks fantastic but for that price...ouch!

As a lucky early adopter of the HG-One, I got it when the Aussie $ was nice and strong...but this one...sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by SniffCoffee View Post
              Looks fantastic but for that price...ouch!

As a lucky early adopter of the HG-One, I got it when the Aussie $ was nice and strong...but this one...sigh...
              Looks like the hg-one price has increased as well. How do you find the hg-one compared to electric grinders? How hard is it to grind first thing in the morning?

Comment

I can't speak from experience, but judging by how I feel most mornings, I'd say it's plenty hard enough. Particularly in the half an hour I allow to make coffee and get ready before I fly out the doorski.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredw View Post
                  Details can be found here. I am super excited for this grinder. My super jolly has served me well but i have been really looking for a grinder that caters to single dosing. While the hg-one peaked my interest. I am not really one for hand grinding in the morning.
                  Is that a telescope or a coffee grinder ?

Comment

Originally posted by jaredw View Post
                    Looks like the hg-one price has increased as well. How do you find the hg-one compared to electric grinders? How hard is it to grind first thing in the morning?
                    Not hard at all. I'm using a small doserless electric grinder at the moment and to fill the portafilter and deal with the clumping means it probably takes longer than using the HG-one. I got one of the early 71mm burr editions mainly because it was apparenlty easier to grinder than the 84mm burr ones, but I doubt they're much harder to use.

Sometimes the HG-One gets a little staticky by which I mean the grinds stick to the funnel even after I've given the beans a quick mist of water before grinding them.

But frankly the HG-One is much more convenient and just as fast as a small electric grinder. I think the grind is definitely better too.

Comment

As a piece of elegant engineering and design, it is quite interesting but that's about all...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrmontboy200 View Post
                        Is that a telescope or a coffee grinder ?
                        Don't know about telescope, I suspect if I stuck on the bench in the lab it would take most people a while to work out it wasn't a new microscope. Don't think the resemblance is incidental though.

Comment

I guess they've priced it accordingly because they know single dosers will go nuts for a grinder aimed at them

Comment

Originally posted by kyeba View Post
                            I guess they've priced it accordingly because they know single dosers will go nuts for a grinder aimed at them
                            The general attitude so far seems to be "not for that price". Certainly has out priced me.

Comment

I'm also surprised that they haven't used the EK43 burrs which apparently are 'the bomb' for flat burrs?

Comment

Working...
                              X