Removing nut in bottom burr for Sunbeam em440 tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing nut in bottom burr for Sunbeam em440 tips

I trying to add shims to my em440, I looking at thr sunbeam guide in regards to removing the nut. Im concerned putting a screwdriver to stop the burr moving to take out the nut, as suggested by the guide, thinking it may damage the burr blades, since i been reading alot of members here have shims added to their 480/440, any tips you could share help out a newbie in me.

Cheers

It has a left hand thread so remember that it is undone clockwise and done up anticlockwise, opposite to normal.

You should just be able to put a 10mm (i think) socket onto the nut and with a sharp twist it should break loose, they aren't done up tightly in the factory.
    If not, a flat blade screwdriver underneath the burr or inbetween a sweeper arm should hold it.

When reinstalling, only do the nut up tight enough to rotate the burr, i.e. as you are tightening, when the burr starts to rotate from the force of the tightening that is tight enough.

Comment

Yep. What noidle said.

Comment

You should be able to use a pencil to jam the lower burr when taking it off. I would also feel a little concerned about putting a screwdriver in there

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I got the lower burr blade out now.

I noticed it only got 1 shim (bought it brand new from target).

I added one more shim, I guess i see how it goes and add more shims if required.

Comment

Originally posted by samboy2k View Post
            Thanks for the tips, I got the lower burr blade out now.

I noticed it only got 1 shim (bought it brand new from target).

I added one more shim, I guess i see how it goes and add more shims if required.
            Yep, that's the way to do it, one at a time. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with four or five in there.

Comment

Working...
            X