Macap M2M vs. Rocky -- is it close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macap M2M vs. Rocky -- is it close?

Hi just sorting through an upgrade to my Gaggia Classic, and close to going with the Vibiemme Junior, which works for me for a number of reasons.

On the grinder, comparing between the Macap M2M vs. the Rancilio Rocky (they are pretty close in price where I am looking).

Been reading a lot of positive stuff about the Macap M2M -- is it much better than the Rocky? Any tradeoffs I should know about with the Macap?

thanks very much!

Mike

Hi Mike
    Go the M2M. Great little grinder - very well built - heavier than the Rocky. Certainly worth the extra if you have it available.
    Cheers Matt

Comment

M2M every day of the week. I can't think of any 'hidden disadvantages' relative to a Rocky.

Comment

thanks very much!

Comment

M2M - love it!

Comment

hey thanks all -- just bought the M2M! looking forward to pairing it up to the new VBM Jr i took home today...

Comment

Make sure you have reasonable amount of beans in the hopper while trying to dial it in. It is a stepped grinder, but the amount of adjustment between steps is quite small.

Comment

I have just bought the M2M after years of using a Gaggia MDF, the Gaggia doser arm fell off for the second time.I find the M2M well made and much easier to clean the blades. I do have an issue with it though and that is that the numbered setting I need to use is very close to minimum, its as if the thread on the upper blade is too course meaning that very small rotation of the adjustment results in a big change in grind. Very finicky in adjustment compared to my old Gaggia.

Comment

Working...
                X