Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An adequate match?

Hey guys.

My em6910 died a few weeks ago and am picking up a new expobar office minore brewtus iv tomorrow! So pumped.. Now however my grinder is a new (6 months old) breville bcg820 (smart grinder pro). I am aware that getting the best grinder you can is important but will this grinder do ok? I've heard some people say they're great and some say they're rubbish. I know it won't last for ever but hoping I'll still pull some good shots with it.
    Does anybody else have one with a relatively good machine? What settings do you have it on? The conical burr is set to 5 standard but would I change it to 1 to make it a finer grind for this new machine?

Thanks guys! Any input would be great.

G'day "stippo"...

I'd hang on to and use this grinder mate until such time as it breaks down or requires a new burr-set.
    Everything I've read from people who own one, seems to indicate that they do a reasonable job so no need to lash out for a new one yet...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by stippo View Post
      I know it won't last for ever but hoping I'll still pull some good shots with it.
      That's it in a nutshell stippo ,

Enjoy the new kit...

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
        That's it in a nutshell stippo ,

Enjoy the new kit...

Chris
        Cheers guys!

Do you know if I should set the top bur to 1 to make it as fine as possible mechanically then dial it in to what ever on the screen?
        Extreme noon alert

Comment

Stippo,
          Any chance that your dead sunbeam 6910 may be available ,happy to pay postage to 3690?
          Cheers,
          Mick.

Comment

I have used a smart grinder with "traditional" machines with great results.

Re the settings, if you can't get the pour time/volume correct adjust the top burr as required. The settings should be similar to what you needed with the sunbeam.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X