Cleaning the Macap m4d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning the Macap m4d

What tools do I need to clean the m4d before I take it apart? I have seen youtube videos where the m4d was cleaned with a brass wire brush and a pick tool. Is this necessary?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam, they are pretty simple to clean, you will need a Phillips head screwdriver a brush (tooth brush or brass?) a stiff smallish (artist) paint brush and compressed air ( blower brush or a straw and Lung power. I start by taking the grinder to a covered work bench.
    step 1 remove hopper.
    2 remove the 3 screws holding the collar on the top burr set taking note of setting; remove collar.
    3 mark position of top Burr set ( so it can be re set) screw burr set down till it touches bottom burrs, about a third of a turn
    you now have an idea of return position.
    4 unscrew top burr set.
    5 clean and polish as you see fit. Especially clean the threads for the top burr.
    6 reassemble
    It sounds complicated but really it's pretty straight forward. Good luck chippy.

Comment

Originally posted by chippy View Post
      you will need a Phillips head screwdriver a brush (tooth brush or brass?) a stiff smallish (artist) paint brush and compressed air ...
      Never blow at a grinder. Compressed air is a no no. A vacuum is ok though.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Chris. Sorry for passing on on misinformation. It was advice given when I purchased my grinder and have seen it used on the "WEB" so I thought it was ok. once again SORRY Chippy

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go this weekend.

Comment

Also, running Grindz through does a pretty good job. Quicker and easier but not as thorough.

Comment

Working...
            X