Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New grinder recommendations (compak E10 maybe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New grinder recommendations (compak E10 maybe)

So, a few months back my isomac zaffiro started to die, the thermal fuse went and I didn't find a successful replacement but I did find out the machine runs fine without it and we'll the chance of pressurised explosion is only a distinct possibility.

After intense research I've settled on a profitec 700, I like its features, it's look and from playing with it it feels like my machine.

However I need a new grinder and I've kinda settled on a compak E10, however I'm looking at other options as well and am open to suggestions. The reason I like the compak grinders are the look, the build finish and I like the infinite scroll for the height adjustment, also it just looks sexy.

While my isomac was having a hysterical fit over its self I got a mate a birthday present that included a compac grinder (much cheaper then the one I'm looking at) and after playing with it at his place I do like it.

I've looked at mazer which are okay but really kinda old looking. Yes looks are important to me, but I want a great grinder that will serve me as well as my last one which was a rocky dosserless with a million and ten mods to it (it's frankenstine underneath her clothes)

I'm pretty much strictly espresso as well, occasionally I grind for making iced coffee but 99.95% of the time I'm espresso drinking.

What about the Macap M7D as a possibility?

Comment

Or, an Elektra Nino...

Mal.

Comment

Reckon that's a good call on the Profitec [emoji4]

The Fiorenzato F71 GT might be worth considering, if you can find it locally. Not sure whether any of the forum sponsors carry this brand?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD View Post
          What about the Macap M7D as a possibility?
          I originally looked at those and considered it until in person and I couldn't get over that weird stepped come look in polished stainless I think it was. Was a nice grinder and fast though.

It's definitely on the list as a contender if I can not look at that stepped sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
            Or, an Elektra Nino...

Mal.
            I've heard good things about the Nino, I definitely like the adjustable portafilter and the top bracket which the compak F10 has as well.

I do like the grind adjustment on the Nino it's definitely got a more retro old school feel to it without sticking out like a sore thumb. That tamper though :/

I'd like to use one see how I feel about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic_Matt View Post
              Reckon that's a good call on the Profitec [emoji4]

The Fiorenzato F71 GT might be worth considering, if you can find it locally. Not sure whether any of the forum sponsors carry this brand?
              Never even heard of the brand before but I'll investigate. My only hesitation with importing something like that is the wait for parts should I need them and new burrs and the warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee
                The Quamar Q13 E conical is worth considering if you want a conical. The Profitec Pro T64 and ECM S-Automatic 64 are top class planar grinders. So much choice
                I'd like conical burrs but I'm not set in stone. But I've gone for conical for speed mostly. I've tried coffee from high end machines with flat and conical grinders and I couldn't tell much of a difference except for how fast they both grind with the conical coming in first by not very much but enough for me to notice. (The flat grinder was HUGE)

The profitec grinder got and similar ones in its class got rejected due to speed. Quickish yeah but slow compared to what I want and once I started getting to play with big grinders I kinda fell for the big buggers.

Comment

Originally posted by lilTanker View Post
                  Never even heard of the brand before but I'll investigate. ?.......
                  commercial link removed per Site Posting Policy
                  New - Electronic conical coffee grinder doser - mod. F71 EK XGR
                  Last edited by Javaphile; 14 May 2016, 09:23 AM. Reason: Commericial link(s) removed

Comment

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
                    commercial link removed per Site Posting Policy
                    New - Electronic conical coffee grinder doser - mod. F71 EK XGR
                    It has my attention. I really like the idea of a scale built into the grinder. I can't find an Australian distributor for prices though.
                    Last edited by Javaphile; 14 May 2016, 09:24 AM. Reason: Commericial link(s) removed from quote

Comment

Coffee Machine Technologies import Fiorenzato

Comment

Originally posted by thebookfreak58 View Post
                        Coffee Machine Technologies import Fiorenzato
                        Interesting! Now to find one to play with haha

Comment

New grinder recommendations (compak E10 maybe)

Anyone here have a ceado E37s, they caught my attention apparently the burrs are on rubber mounts that makes the grinder much quieter which is an appealing feature.
                          Last edited by lilTanker; 14 May 2016, 09:08 AM. Reason: Because it's burrs not butts

Comment

Spotted this review mate?
                            http://www.bellabarista.co.uk/pdf/Ce...Reviewv1.5.pdf

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
                              Oh wow that's one hell of a review. I wish I could find that kind of detailed review for every grinder. Surprised about the retention amounts and disturbed as well, while its going to happen that's a lot of coffee wasted.

Comment

Working...
                              X