Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matching grinder burr size to your espresso machine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching grinder burr size to your espresso machine.

I'm a great believer in matching grinder burr size to the size of the portafilter of your machine.

There is an obvious reason Mazzer chose 58 mm as the diameter for the mini burrs, they are exactly the same diameter as the basket in an E61 portafilter and because of this the relationship between espresso machine and grinder is in perfect harmony, this obviously means coffee from a grinder with burrs of this size will be perfectly suited for use in any E61 machine.

And of course by using a 58 mm tamper the triptych is complete, all aspects of the process are in perfect balance, a god shot is almost guaranteed.

To bring everything together, the inside diameter of my espresso cups is! you guessed it, 58 mm, this surely cant be a bad thing, I've a feeling that we will hear a lot more about coffee and the number 58, there's more to this than meets the eye.
    Last edited by Yelta; 27 May 2016, 07:24 AM.

Mind. Blown.

The Illuminati is everywhere!

Comment

I heard 60 is the new 58.

Comment

I suppose to get the full benefit you need a "58" somewhere in your Machine Model # ... like a "Rocket Espresso R58"

Now there's a good reason to upgrade!

Comment

You should also try to grind between 25 and 30 seconds. Preferably 29 (half of 58)

Comment

Who'd a thought...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
              I'm a great believer in matching grinder burr size to the size of the portafilter of your machine.

There is an obvious reason Mazzer chose 58 mm as the diameter for the mini burrs, they are exactly the same diameter as the basket in an E61 portafilter and because of this the relationship between espresso machine and grinder is in perfect harmony, this obviously means coffee from a grinder with burrs of this size will be perfectly suited for use in any E61 machine.

And of course by using a 58 mm tamper the triptych is complete, all aspects of the process are in perfect balance, a god shot is almost guaranteed.

To bring everything together, the inside diameter of my espresso cups is! you guessed it, 58 mm, this surely cant be a bad thing, I've a feeling that we will hear a lot more about coffee and the number 58, there's more here than meets the eye.
              If you use a triple basket (not VST mind you ), you'll also be able to get 58 beans into every cup!

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                If you use a triple basket (not VST mind you ), you'll also be able to get 58 beans into every cup!
                I have it on the best authority, when it comes to extinct coffee 43 is the magic number.
                Last edited by Yelta; 26 May 2016, 06:22 PM.

Comment

No doubt Fibonacci was involved

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamK View Post
                    Hmmm...

I wonder what's coming next?

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamK View Post
                      Nope, the closest we can get in the Fibonacci sequence is 55, something else happening here!

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                        can anyone help me find a PF to match a Mazz Major ??

Comment

Working...
                        X