Handground grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handground grinder

This Kickstarter newie is about to go into production and they have appointed an Aussie importer...

It will be priced at less than the OE Lido range and the ergonomics look good....Conical burr set and they have put a heap of time into grind consistency

We grabbed 10 from their crowdfunding campaign...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	handground nickel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	758852Click image for larger version

Name:	handground white.jpg
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	758854Click image for larger version

Name:	Handground black.jpg
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	758853Click image for larger version

Name:	handground side.jpg
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	758850Click image for larger version

Name:	handground top.jpg
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	758851

Wow, the price is ample better than the Lido grinders! Here's hoping the ground quality is at least proportionally better for the cost over a Hario, as my Hario drives me crazy, but not Lido-$200-to-upgrade crazy (I've been using the Hario for cupping, and it's just not done my roasts any justice at all). Will be keeping an eye out on your website TC - international shipping on these grinders is painfully expensive.

Comment

Yes- not sure what retail is going to be, but they should sit between the small ones and OE on price...

I love the ergonomics and I think that another great alternative means we the coffee crazy get to win!

Comment

I think that there must definitely be room for a ~$150 hand grinder. Good to see.

Comment

I can't wait to receive mine :-) Brandon and Daniel are very committed to their project and I for one am not at all concerned about the time it took to get it to the high standard they aimed for. Many of the backers have been quite annoying on the threads out there. It could have been easier to just pump out another redressed Hario or Porlex but they stuck with their plan. The tests show impressive grind consistency for the price range. They put a lot of thought into durability also.

Comment

Ordered one also

Hopefully it offers well aligned burrs and a consistent grind.

EDIT: Went for white

Comment

I'm most looking forward to that natural arm movement. Lateral rotation and trying to keep my Hario pinned to the benchtop is a nightmare (and grazed knuckles...). This will be much easier.

Comment

Hmmmm.... interesting way to use the Hario Readeral! ;-)

I take the rubber 'foot' off and put it over the bean 'hopper' and grind away, no problem.

But this new one looks super cool... I hope it delivers, looking forward to a road test.

Comment

Oh, I have a hario slim, not a skerton, so actually have a lid. The reason I keep it on the bench is to (try... And fail) to eliminate as much burr wobble as I can. Reality is, it's probably a pointless exercise, hence keen to upgrade to something a little nicely engineered.

Comment

Yep, I want one. So my Skerton has to go. I bought an older model Skerton and modded it with an OE bearing, a home made lid and a wing nut on top of the shaft for ease of use. Certainly turned it into a much more capable grinder, but the Handground looks too good not to try.

Comment

Noticed online these guys mention they are currently producing their first 500 of these. Anyone got any ideas on when they go into mass production after that and when those who haven't pre-ordered could expect availability?

These look well made and at a decent price point. May put an order in.

Comment

I'd doubt they'll make August....

Production + a few weeks of freight time and the numbers simply don't add up.

I would however expect we'll see some this year.

We'll have 9 available (nickel) from our crowdfunding support.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post

Worked out an approximate price yet Chris?

Comment

I regret no idea at this point Leroy,

One I have landed costs I'll then know...

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post

Cool - any way we can put our name on one of these for when they arrive?
                              Last edited by skidquinn; 15 June 2016, 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling....

Comment

Working...
                              X