Mazzer Mini E - simple grid mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazzer Mini E - simple grid mod

I removed the mesh entirely on my Super Jolly E and use an artists brush to sweep out chute resulting in zero retention, suitable for home but probably not for volume usage.

How did you remove it. Cut it out or is there a way to get the mesh out?

Comment

I cut it out with pincers, I thought long and hard about doing it but after experiencing the excessive grind retention it was well worth it.

Comment

In the Robur you can remove the filter by removing the doser cone with a couple of allen keys, and then the mesh is simply a springy laser cut metal sheet held in place by tension. Hold the mesh bits with pliers and carefully lever then flick out the sheet with a knife blade so you can reinstall later if you want.
        But don't do what I did once - not use the pliers! It flicked out, then dropped into the hole in the grinder body. Had to disassemble half the grinder to find it and get it out again! You can't turn a Robur upside down and give it a good shake…
        (maybe a few bits of tape and a sheet of paper over the hole is a good preventative measure)

Comment

On the ECM the grid is attached with two bolts; it's easily accessed on the V Titan through the top of the dosing funnel so I might try removing it and see what happens. I don't mind brushing the chute, this might be the perfect compromise between single dosing and timed grinder... or it might spray half a kilo of static-y grinds errywhere! 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Magic_Matt View Post
            I don't mind brushing the chute, this might be the perfect compromise between single dosing and timed grinder... or it might spray half a kilo of static-y grinds errywhere! ��
            Yeah - removing the screen does introduce static and clumping (I never really had to worry about it before)… I'm still tossing up whether to keep single dosing the robur for ease of use but lots of mess, or just using the Lido!

Comment

I use a small mesh scoop I bought from a kitchen supplier in the bottom of the cone to stop the static and clumping and just flick it with the brush when I clean the chute each dosing, it reduced the mess markedly.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee
                Try it Matt and post a pic of the results
                [emoji6]

Comment

Great stuff, had mine for 2 years now, and it has been a bit of an issue (2150 grinds so far). Will give this a go myself.

Comment

Originally posted by greenman View Post
                    I use a small mesh scoop I bought from a kitchen supplier in the bottom of the cone to stop the static and clumping and just flick it with the brush when I clean the chute each dosing, it reduced the mess markedly.
                    Are you able to post a pic of the scoop you used? I have terrible static issues with my fiorenzato, as it doesn't have a funnel your fix probably won't help but might give me some ideas for my set up.

Comment

Bender? Is that you?!

Comment

Yeah does look like Bender. I had a laugh.

Comment

Kiss my shiney metal butt! ;-)

Comment

Cool finally got off 111.

Comment

I found this one before - might give it a try. It would still add some back-pressure, but easy to remove for cleaning… rather than screen / wires

https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/t...muehlen.60027/

Translated

https://translate.google.com/transla...ehlen.60027%2F

Here's the video…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY89...dsrDHQD_9qVYQ=

Comment

Working...
                              X