Kafatek Monolith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kafatek Monolith

Starting a thread for local reviews and thoughts on these grinders.

https://www.kafatek.com

There are at least a few on their way to Australia.

From all reports and extensive coverage on HB so far they look to be amazing grinders (there is a flat and a conical) for the ultimate home espresso set up.

Would sell my M7D in a heartbeat for one.

Would love to see some local distribution of this too.....

I'd be totally keen for this, just the USD is the killer...

Comment

Coffeeparts in Sydney tends to have some really innovative items like the Streitman lever machine so hopefully they may consider the Monolith.

Comment

Sorry, but meh...
        I'll keep my Kony-E.

Mal.

Comment

I think the EK43 Barista is more Innovation?

Comment

Both look really interesting - I'll be curious to hear reviews on the flat in particular, and whether static/grind retention becomes a problem.

Sniff

Comment

The reviews that have come out re: the Kafatek Monoliths have been exceptional. Have any more found their way to Australia?

Comment

I have the conical with Red Speed burrs. It's wonderful.

Comment

What did you upgrade from?

Comment

Kafatek Monolith

Still have the HG-1 and a Ditting KR903

Comment

Kafatek Monolith

How does the flavour compare to the HG-1 and what does it cost landed?
                      Last edited by Melbroaster; 28 November 2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Hell, I'm seriously thinking of getting one of the conicals from the next batch. It seems a close-to-perfect single dosing match for my 2012 Cremina; both are not designed with wizbang electronic chicanery, but are purely intended to get optimum results in the domestic context. Of course, there are risks getting a relatively untested grinder, but if the design is solid (as seems to be the case from the reviews out there, admittedly not many, and no decent videos at all) what can go wrong? It is designed with simplicity in mind, just like the HG-1, which turned out to be rock solid from the beginning.

Comment

No one in Melbourne is getting one? Am curious about it too (as well as the HG-1 comparison)...

Comment

Check out the spec sheet. Much respect. Its engineered to heirloom standard and would last forever in home use with nearly zero retention and great grind quality. I will likely get the conical

https://www.kafatek.com/index.php/monolith/

Comment

Taste difference between the HG-1 and the Monolith. Caveat that I haven't done a blind tasting so can't absolutely vouch for what I think is going on, but I find espresso from the Monolith to be marginally sweeter and marginally denser than that coming from the HG-1 given same brew ratio and time for extraction. As a result I'm pulling longer shots.

The Monolith is great in that it is well designed for single dosing... I home roast so generally have lots of different beans available and therefore single dosing suits me. It's also small and looks good. It is, however, a marginal improvement in terms of espresso quality. Thinking back on all of the grinders I've had, I'd be happy with any of them (including my first "serious" grinder, a Mini Mazzer Electronic).

Comment

Working...
                              X