Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading from the Rocky Doser to something more tidy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from the Rocky Doser to something more tidy?

For a while now the other half has been complaining about the mess which I make with the doser version of the Rocky. I blame the grinder and she agrees we need a new one... So I am now on the lookout for a new grinder

I am after something that is doserless and has electronic dose sizes. The Macap M4D looks a great machine but is a little more than I would prefer to spend. Would anyone recommend any alternatives or is the Macap justified in this price range?

Thanks in advance!

Morning Wisie,

Macap grinders have a good reputation.

Bear in mind that the mess problem won't be solved simply by buying a new grinder, it's more about personal habits and work flow than grinder design, I used a Rocky for almost 10 years and never experienced a problem with mess, a quick wipe of the area after each session kept things ship shape, on the other hand I have a friend who still uses a Rocky, and the area around it is mess central, he leaves it for wifie to clean up, sends her nuts, and I don't blame her.

Comment

Agree...

It's more about your work process/flow than the type of grinder you use.
      Have you considered grinding into a higher sided container and then dumping this into your filter basket; or maybe one of those PortaFilter Funnels that a lot of people use. Makes for a lot less mess...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
        or maybe one of those PortaFilter Funnels that a lot of people use. Makes for a lot less mess...

Mal.
        Morning Mal.

Yep, I use one of these, handy little device.

Comment

Morning to you too Yelta....
          Still in the States, eh...

Mal.

Comment

I'm using an Orphan Espresso funnel, expensive but very effective.

Here for about another 10 days or so Mal, off to San Francisco on Sat, 4 days there then back home.

The waist line has taken a hit

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee

Oh... and welcome back Yelta
              Morning Paul, still in the US, see post below.

To the anonymous moderator, yep I agree it was a bit of a stir, I apologize.

Comment

Working...
              X