Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you use a hand grinder as you primary machine?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you use a hand grinder as you primary machine?

Given my post/poll the other day when I asked about grinder speed in which 62% who voted indicated they wanted a grinder that would grind 18 grams of beans in 20 seconds or less, I'm wondering how many would choose a hand grinder in preference to a powered device?

We hear plenty of testimonials as to how great some hand grinders are, just wondering how it shows in usage patterns?
    I only own a hand grinder.
    0.00%
    I own both a hand and electric grinder.
    0.00%
    I prefer the hand grinder.
    0.00%
    I prefer the electric grinder.
    100.00%
    I bought a hand grinder because I believe it is superior.
    0.00%
    I bought a hand grinder because it was cheaper than electric.
    0.00%
    I use electric because its faster.
    0.00%
    I use a hand grinder because it produces a better grind.
    0.00%

I use a hand grinder (originally Porlex, now the magnificent Lido E-T) for extended periods overseas (2-4 months). If my M4D broke (and I guess the M2M in the cupboard broke) I reckon I'd give it a go for a few months. I wouldn't be tempted with the Porlex, but the Lido is a doddle to use.....perhaps not as convenient for dosing into an espresso basket though.

Comment

Please ignore this poll, should have made answers multiple choice.

Mr moderator, if you pick up on this please delete the whole thread,
      needs more thought on my part.

Comment

I used a HG One pretty much exclusively for 18 months. It did however sit next to an M4D which my wife preferred.

About a year ago I had a bout of vertigo which left me feeling a bit crappy for a few months so I sold both grinders and purchased an E10.

With a grind time of 3.25 seconds for 18 grams I don't think I'll be going back to hand grinding.

Comment

Working...
        X