Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCG820 woes!

Hey guys,

I have had a Breville Smart Grinder Pro for about 18 months now, coupled with my Expobar Minore IV. I had to get it exchanged yesterday due it not grinding and making loud clicking noises. I brought my new one home and fired it up this am... and it is doing exactly the same thing. I'm ready to rebox it and go out and buy a K3 touch or something. Has anybody else had this issue?

p.s This is using fresh beans... and the shim is set to 3. (even tried the factory 6).

I have read some similar issues in this thread, the out of the box issue might suggest a dud?

Comment

Unless they are very lightly roasted or small hard beans that are blocking up the works?

Sounds funny that an old and brand new grinder are doing the same thing… But a K3 or (or even better M2M ) may well solve all your woes!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by DesigningByCoffee View Post
        Unless they are very lightly roasted or small hard beans that are blocking up the works?

Sounds funny that an old and brand new grinder are doing the same thing… But a K3 or (or even better M2M ) may well solve all your woes!

Matt

Yeah I'm thinking i might get the replacement, sell it and put it towards a K3 Touch advanced. I want reliability.. I don't know enough about the M2M? Put it above the K3? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to Setting up the grinders etc.. I can get the k3 touch advanced polished chrome for under $600AUD and the M2M at $480 (M2D is $560)

Think the MACAP is easier and more forgiving than the K3?

Comment

Personally I'd think the M2M would be the better buy. Built like a tank and would handle anything you'd throw at it

Comment

Working...
          X