Niche Zero Coffee Grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by noidle22 View Post

Here's a pro tip: Intentionally misspelling someones name several times, clearly on purpose, isn't funny or witty. It's the equivalent of when someone makes a response video involving another person and intentionally mispronounces their name to imply that they're so irrelevant and unimportant that they haven't even given them the time to read their name properly.

It's one of the few things that really annoys me for some reason and I didn't feel like ignoring it seeing as you've done it four times now. Can guarantee that 338 has contributed more to this forum than you ever have or ever will, but I guess you don't really care about that.
    sorry If you’re upset noodles22,

Easy mismake to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by ClemFandango View Post

I remember a year or so back, when a particular retailer was kicked off here (Paul from K be*ns if I remember right) and some of the usual crew were suspecting any new member of being him and self promoting.
      You didn't get his name right either.

It was actually proven that many of them were Paul. Plenty here including the site owner have pretty well-honed bulldust detectors and they could pick a seagull stealing the chips and shitting everywhere a mile away.

Play nice, don't be a seagull.

Comment

• Isn't it funny when someone tries to troll, but really sucks at it and just looks like a twat

Comment

• Come on now you scallywags. Hows about everyone just cool their jets here. In case you haven't noticed the world's been a little bit trying this year and for us folk down in Melbs it continues to be. A little bit of niceness goes a long way and 99% of the time that's how people on this forum conduct themselves.

If I were flush with cash atm I'd be looking at a Niche grinder and this is just the place I would come to for experience/reviews etc on it. Let's get back to looking after each other ay!

Hope everyone has a great coffee day.

Steve

Comment

• Steve I agree with you. Did not intend to start a scrap with my post.

Can anyone advise on where the Mazzer conical burrs are manufactured. I had assumed Italy but may be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted2013 View Post
              Can anyone advise on where the Mazzer conical burrs are manufactured. I had assumed Italy but may be wrong.
              According to Mazzer, they manufacture their own.

Comment

• Ted2013
                Ted2013 commented
                Editing a comment
                So i assume they are happy to sell them to Niche.

• Caffeinator
                Caffeinator commented
                Editing a comment
                It would appear so as that's what they're using in them!

• Hi there,

Has anyone purchased a Niche Zero direct from the UK and if so have you had add issues with customs duty, GST etc here? Is there an equivalent or better grinder (for a similar price, similar size and capability) that is availabe on the market for home use?

cheers

Comment

• Hey guys, for those interested in purchasing ex UK; I ordered a NZ a couple of months ago direct from Indiegogo. It was a part of the expected Sept delivery schedule. Was dispatched in Aug arriving about 10 days later 3rd or 4th of Sept. ~AUD$990 No additional GST or customs charges, simply the transaction cost to Indiegogo.

Comment

• Just read a post on HB from June last year where a guy complained about getting inconsistent results from his new NZ.

redexjames suggested hecould try nitto denko 903UL silicone tape wrapped around the upper burr presumably to give a tighter fit when the burr is placed in the carrier. A video perhaps lifted from a japanese forum was posted but there was little discussion other than to make sure you do not overlap the tape. DaveC who wrote the informative review of the Niche sort of endorsed this with " If you are going to do this DO NOT OVERLAP the edges of the tape. I have said this before, go round to about 80-90% and not less either."

I am also curious about how the Niche maintains a precise gap between the burrs and what the springs are there for. I must admit I have no experience with conical burrs

Comment

• Found out more about the nitto denko 903UL tape. It is actually a Heat-resistant adhesive teflon tape with a silicone adhesive layer.

Comment

Working...
                    X