Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macap M4D Burr Problem

Hey guys, looking for some advice!

I’ve just replaced the burrs on my Macap after 5 years. I tried to buy them through a sponsor but no one responded to my request so had to resort to EBay!

After giving the grinder a good clean and inserting the new burrs I’ve noticed the machine is really noisy. I screwed the burrs tight and then backed off 10 full turns of the worm drive but the noise is way too loud and the grind looks like plunger quality! If I tighten up the burrs the noise increases and the machine stalled mid grind!

Have a I got dud burrs?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any advice.

Mick

Give the people at Jetblack Espresso a call Mick, they carry Macap burrs and should be able to help.
    https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...acap-m4d-burrs

Comment

Are both burrs seated correctly? As in parallel to each other, one may be sitting up/down slightly and causing the burrs to touch but still giving a course grind.

Comment

If you put the old burrs back in does it go back to normal?

Comment

It does sound like the burrs might be out of alignment.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys! Put the old burrs back in and sounded fine. On closer inspection I noticed that the new burrs don’t have serial numbers and the alignment is slightly off so whilst I can screw it in I guess it’s not seating 100% correctly!

Bloody Ebay! Shame no sponsors responded to my request for replacements in the first place, could of saved me some money 😒
            Attached Files

Comment

Not trying to be a smart arse Mick, however a 5 second Google search for "Macap M4D Burrs" immediately turned up Jetblack among a few other Australian suppliers of genuine Macap burrs.

Comment

Smart arse

But they were $20 cheaper on EBay! Lesson learnt

Comment

Surely if they were advertised as being suitable for a Macap M4D then you would be covered by eBay's buyer protection?

Comment

Working...
                  X