Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrades from a rancilio rocky?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upgrades from a rancilio rocky?

    Hi all! I been using the Rancilio Rocky doserless for well over a year now! It's been modded to a step less and have also had new burrs in the last 2 months
    My only issue with this machine is the clumping it seems to have with grinding coffee!
    I clean my machine out thoroughly once every month

    Just trying to weigh out upgrade options from here?
    Needs to be doserless as I only make 1 coffee each time
    Not fussed if it has all the fancy electronics on it to weigh the coffee etc or not

    I'm located Brisbane/Sunshine Coast so wouldn't mind looking at a few machines if places supply nearby

  • #2
    Doserless, ideal for one or two shots, no fancy electronics just motor, burrs and a single switch, but you have to weigh the beans going in: NicheZero

    Also, it is much more expensive than a Rocky so every aspect of upgrade-itis is satisfied...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by beensean View Post
      Doserless, ideal for one or two shots, no fancy electronics just motor, burrs and a single switch, but you have to weigh the beans going in: NicheZero

      Also, it is much more expensive than a Rocky so every aspect of upgrade-itis is satisfied...

      I shall have a look at this machine you have suggested! Just the factor of 'how much more expensive' is on my mind 

      Edit: upon a quick look you are not wrong on the much more expensive side! But boy it's a beautiful piece of kit for a kitchen that's for sure!

      Comment


      • #4
        I was looking at the Niche but now that it's only available via local input importers, the price has gone over $1100 (from memory) which was way more than I could justify. In the end I got a Baratza Sette 270wi for under $600. For my situation this has been a fantastic upgrade over the Breville BCG800 I had (which had a terrible clumping problem). The Sette has zero clumping and the shot consistency is now amazing. I'm time poor in the mornings, so the dosing by weight is a godsend. It works as advertised and being a tech geek, I love it. Horses for courses so may not suit you...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dischucker View Post
          I was looking at the Niche but now that it's only available via local input importers, the price has gone over $1100 (from memory) which was way more than I could justify. In the end I got a Baratza Sette 270wi for under $600. For my situation this has been a fantastic upgrade over the Breville BCG800 I had (which had a terrible clumping problem). The Sette has zero clumping and the shot consistency is now amazing. I'm time poor in the mornings, so the dosing by weight is a godsend. It works as advertised and being a tech geek, I love it. Horses for courses so may not suit you...
          I have actually always had my eye on the baratza sette line! Just could never justify spending the 300+ on a grinder at the time! But the more you delve into the coffee addiction the easier that money is able to be spent!
          I'm all for the electronics but if it's only a minor thing I can live without I'd happily settle with the w not Wi model

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FilthySudo View Post
            I'm all for the electronics but if it's only a minor thing I can live without I'd happily settle with the w not Wi model
            The 270 Wi has superseded the 270 W so you either get it or the 270 which is the non weighing version and about $200 cheaper.

            If you're single dosing and weighing the beans beforehand then there's no point spending the extra cash.

            Comment

            Working...
            X