Lagom P64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnthepom0 View Post
    Just ordered mine for October delivery- can't wait!
    Me too! I was hitting the refresh button every few seconds from a few minutes before 0900!

johnthepom0 what burrs did you order? I ordered the high uniformity.

Comment

• johnthepom0
      johnthepom0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Black with SSP High uniformity, and now thinking of upgrading to Rocket R Nine One in black- lockdown must be getting to me!!

• MarkQ
      MarkQ commented
      Editing a comment
      johnthepom0 I think I know where you're coming from - I just ordered a Profitec Pro 600 However, in my defence, I have had my Isomac Zaffiro for about 12 years. That said, I have no excuses, potentially other than reading too many coffee forum posts and espresso videos as a result of lock-down, for purchasing a P64, as my Sette 207Wi is only two years old.

• johnthepom0
      johnthepom0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure if I’ve got a real excuse but my Giotto and Macap M4D are both over 6 years old So I think it’s just about justified?

Black with the unimodal set for me.

Comment

Ended up ordering silver after seeing some fantastic photos on the HB forum P64 thread.

And SSP high uniformity espresso burrs for me.

Comment

Originally posted by splashalot View Post
        Ended up ordering silver after seeing some fantastic photos on the HB forum P64 thread.

splashalot I've had a look at the P64 thread on the HB forum - some good ideas. Also noticed you have a Profitec P700. How do you find it? I'm just about to pull the trigger on a P600 (I'm in a rental that has stoneware kitchen tops, so no use buying the P700) with Flow Rate Regulator. Does yours have the flow rate reg?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkQ View Post

splashalot I've had a look at the P64 thread on the HB forum - some good ideas. Also noticed you have a Profitec P700. How do you find it? I'm just about to pull the trigger on a P600 (I'm in a rental that has stoneware kitchen tops, so no use buying the P700) with Flow Rate Regulator. Does yours have the flow rate reg?
          Hi Mark

I cannot fault my Pro-700. With one caveat - as long as you have the bench space. They're pretty large. In my case, significantly and a little unexpectedly (I know, I should have measured) larger than my previous Unico Splendor. If you have specific questions, shoot me through a PM.

I have the flow control device fitted. Overall, it's good. It does what I wanted - I can vary flow to control gushers or choking and also to suit certain roasts. For example, long pre-infusion, 15 seconds at normal flow, then ramp way down for the final 15 seconds or so really takes any bitterness out of dark roasts. However, it's a bit finicky to use in that the majority of the adjustment is in the final 1/10th or so of a turn before full off. It is nowhere near linear to adjust. But you get used to that and adjust accordingly. At first I thought mine was faulty but it turns out they're all like that.

All up, I'm 100% happy with the Pro-700 and 85% happy with the flow controller.

PS. Glad I got up early on a Sunday to order the P64 - by 11-ish the October allocation were all sold out

Comment

Hi Mark

I cannot fault my Pro-700. With one caveat - as long as you have the bench space. They're pretty large. In my case, significantly and a little unexpectedly (I know, I should have measured) larger than my previous Unico Splendor. If you have specific questions, shoot me through a PM.

I have the flow control device fitted. Overall, it's good. It does what I wanted - I can vary flow to control gushers or choking and also to suit certain roasts. For example, long pre-infusion, 15 seconds at normal flow, then ramp way down for the final 15 seconds or so really takes any bitterness out of dark roasts. However, it's a bit finicky to use in that the majority of the adjustment is in the final 1/4 of a turn before full off. It is nowhere near linear to adjust. But you get used to that and adjust accordingly. At first I thought mine was faulty but it turns out they're all like that.

All up, I'm 100% happy with the Pro-700 and 85% happy with the flow controller.

PS. Glad I got up early on a Sunday to order the P64 - by 11-ish the October allocation were all sold out
            splashalot Thanks for the flow control tips and Q&A invitation. Wow - 2 hours to sell this allocation. We are lucky.

Comment

splashalot Thanks for the flow control tips and Q&A invitation. Wow - 2 hours to sell this allocation. We are lucky.
              The Lagom is selling quickly now! At least you have a reasonable window if you are keen, hopefully it will not end up like the monolith lucky dip.

Comment

• splashalot
                splashalot commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, that Monolith situation is a serious discouragement.

I wonder what the production run numbers are for the P64? Maybe they can increase capacity as demand rises?

I'm now super glad I got up early on a Sunday to order at AEST 9:00:01 ;-)

I ended up ordering the std burrs as well as the SSP ones. Will be interesting to see the differences.

Originally posted by GeoffR View Post
              The Lagom is selling quickly now! At least you have a reasonable window if you are keen, hopefully it will not end up like the monolith lucky dip.
              Funnily, I had found the Monolith before I discovered the P64, and signed-up for their email announcement, and promptly missed the email because GMail shoved it in a "folder" I don't monitor.

splashalot I'm thinking of ordering the standard burrs as a second set, and because I mainly drink piccolos, but I only do one shot, sometimes two, a day, so having both burr sets and getting them both to the point they're seasoned would take me an eternity.

On the topic of seasoning burrs, what is the consensus: get a couple of KGs of the supermarket stuff and grind, or just use the grinder as normal and put-up with the variance until the burrs are seasoned? Also, if seasoning in one go, one would need to adhere to the duty cycle of the grinder, right? If so, it could take a while to do. I'd have to have the fridge fully-stocked with some tasty beers to get me through that effort!

Comment

Funnily, I had found the Monolith before I discovered the P64, and signed-up for their email announcement, and promptly missed the email because GMail shoved it in a "folder" I don't monitor. splashalot I'm thinking of ordering the standard burrs as a second set, and because I mainly drink piccolos, but I only do one shot, sometimes two, a day, so having both burr sets and getting them both to the point they're seasoned would take me an eternity. On the topic of seasoning burrs, what is the consensus: get a couple of KGs of the supermarket stuff and grind, or just use the grinder as normal and put-up with the variance until the burrs are seasoned? Also, if seasoning in one go, one would need to adhere to the duty cycle of the grinder, right? If so, it could take a while to do. I'd have to have the fridge fully-stocked with some tasty beers to get me through that effort!
                I seasoned mine with the cheapest supermarket coffee ground very fine - just off zero. This means you maximize grinding and it will season faster. For the SSP burrs, I suggest 1kg before you even brew a coffee to drink. Over the next few weeks I bought 2 more kg of cheap coffee to speed up the process. I think it took around 10kg to fully season, but I’ve really just been enjoying my coffee more and more since the 3 kg of sacrificial coffee I ran through.

Comment

Congrats! It's not easy to secure a pre-order unit.

Hayden is pretty smart to divert the US traffic to Prima coffee as their local dealer and pre-order in US is started early (1 day before our local 9:00am 2 Aug in Sydney)

I have my deposit done in AUD at 9:01am and have plenty of time to finalize the colour and burr set before delivery. (just need to send email to Option-O).I then checked it again at 11:00am all pre-order units sold out ! Wow! this coffee hobby can still attract pretty strong demand during this difficult time.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffR View Post
                    I seasoned mine with the cheapest supermarket coffee ground very fine - just off zero. This means you maximize grinding and it will season faster. For the SSP burrs, I suggest 1kg before you even brew a coffee to drink. Over the next few weeks I bought 2 more kg of cheap coffee to speed up the process. I think it took around 10kg to fully season, but I’ve really just been enjoying my coffee more and more since the 3 kg of sacrificial coffee I ran through.
                    GeoffR did you push 1Kg through in one go, or did you grind some, wait some, rinse, and repeat, and if the latter, do you have any duty cycle figures for the P64? I've only ever had two grinders - a Mazzer Mini that I had for about eight years, and my current Baratza Sette 270Wi, for two years.

Comment

Originally posted by ibiza888 View Post

Congrats! It's not easy to secure a pre-order unit.

Hayden is pretty smart to divert the US traffic to Prima coffee as their local dealer and pre-order in US is started early (1 day before our local 9:00am 2 Aug in Sydney)

I have my deposit done in AUD at 9:01am and have plenty of time to finalize the colour and burr set before delivery. (just need to send email to Option-O).I then checked it again at 11:00am all pre-order units sold out ! Wow! this coffee hobby can still attract pretty strong demand during this difficult time.
                      ibiza888 Out of interest, what was the AUD price? I paid via my CC in USD, and it appeared on my statement as AUD$835.34.

Comment

ibiza888 Out of interest, what was the AUD price? I paid via my CC in USD, and it appeared on my statement as AUD$835.34.
                        Hi Mark, I'm sure you missed their email alert on Sat evening (1 Aug).

"If you want to pay in AUD (Australia):
                        As requested by some of our customers, we have now set up a PayPal payment link in AUD. Unfortunately, our website provider is not able to host multiple currencies and so it will be handled via PayPal while we’re looking for a better alternative. The AUD payment button will be located at the bottom of the page. You still have the choice to pay in USD too if preferred, e.g. if you have a credit card or bank that provides a competitive rate."

"
                        Payment in AUD (for customers in Australia)

As requested by some of our customers, we can receive the payment in AUD. The total price (shipping not included) is AUD 2300 for SSP burrs configuration, and AUD 2100 for standard burrs. Black-anodisation customisation option is avaialble at additional AUD 70.

For deposit payment in AUD (AUD 800), please click on the Paypal ‘Buy Now’ button to the right.

Please also email to confirm your configuration (voltage/burrs/colour)."

So it is much easy not to deal with exchange rate, though AUD is going rocket up now. haha

Comment

Originally posted by ibiza888 View Post

Hi Mark, I'm sure you missed their email alert on Sat evening (1 Aug).

"If you want to pay in AUD (Australia):
                          As requested by some of our customers, we have now set up a PayPal payment link in AUD. Unfortunately, our website provider is not able to host multiple currencies and so it will be handled via PayPal while we’re looking for a better alternative. The AUD payment button will be located at the bottom of the page. You still have the choice to pay in USD too if preferred, e.g. if you have a credit card or bank that provides a competitive rate."

"
                          Payment in AUD (for customers in Australia)

As requested by some of our customers, we can receive the payment in AUD. The total price (shipping not included) is AUD 2300 for SSP burrs configuration, and AUD 2100 for standard burrs. Black-anodisation customisation option is avaialble at additional AUD 70.

For deposit payment in AUD (AUD 800), please click on the Paypal ‘Buy Now’ button to the right.

Please also email to confirm your configuration (voltage/burrs/colour)."

So it is much easy not to deal with exchange rate, though AUD is going rocket up now. haha
                          Damn! I saw the email but I didn't see the (AUD 800) part, and assumed the site logic was just going to convert 600 to the current mid-market AUD rate. I just need the Aussie to hold-up against the greenback until Oct. Knowing my luck, it won't!

Comment

GeoffR did you push 1Kg through in one go, or did you grind some, wait some, rinse, and repeat, and if the latter, do you have any duty cycle figures for the P64? I've only ever had two grinders - a Mazzer Mini that I had for about eight years, and my current Baratza Sette 270Wi, for two years.
                            I did the kg in one evening, but had little breaks to make dinner, look after kids, etc. I did not notice it getting hot at all, may not even need to cool. The Woolies brand coffee I used smelt horrible, so I needed to step away from that for a bit! Expected it to smell stale and bland, but it was actually quite unpleasant.

Comment

Working...
                            X