Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of grinder is this?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What kind of grinder is this?

    Two part question, so I probably should know the answer but I don't know the names of things (and Im old an cant remember)

    The kind of grinder I see people dump in prescaled amount of beans in the top and it grinds just that amount down into the pf, is that a conical grinder? What kind?


    Second question, I saw what I think was a grinder that looked like a tube about 100mm thick on 45degree angle with a hopper about halfway down it to feed in beans or am I imagining that?


    Thanks and Happy Friday!

  • #2
    Answer to the first - you're looking at zero retention grinders, such as the Niche Zero.

    Not sure about the second one...

    [Edit] are you talking about the Caedo E37Z?

    Comment


    • #3
      Conical Baratza sette grinder?
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sullo View Post
        Second question, I saw what I think was a grinder that looked like a tube about 100mm thick on 45degree angle with a hopper about halfway down it to feed in beans or am I imagining that?
        Are you thinking of the Kafatek Monolith or Stavros's homemade grinder perhaps?


        Java "Call up the mortars!" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sullo View Post
          Two part question, so I probably should know the answer but I don't know the names of things (and Im old an cant remember)

          The kind of grinder I see people dump in prescaled amount of beans in the top and it grinds just that amount down into the pf, is that a conical grinder? What kind?


          Second question, I saw what I think was a grinder that looked like a tube about 100mm thick on 45degree angle with a hopper about halfway down it to feed in beans or am I imagining that?


          Thanks and Happy Friday!
          Conical refers to the shape of the burrs, which you can't see from the outside of the grinder.

          You can pre-weigh and grind into pretty much any grinder.

          The grinder you describe sounds like the Lyn Weber EG1.

          Hope that helps!

          Comment


          • #6
            I think that answers #2!


            Java "" phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Sullo if you want to try out a Niche Zero you're welcome to come over and have a go of mine

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
                Sullo if you want to try out a Niche Zero you're welcome to come over and have a go of mine
                Tease!! Maybe

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by robusto View Post
                  Conical Baratza sette grinder?

                  270iw or other?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                    Are you thinking of the Kafatek Monolith or Stavros's homemade grinder perhaps?


                    Java "Call up the mortars!" phile
                    I think you could be right on both, just cant remember where i saw it! Ty

                    Steve “fire all forward weapons!” Sullo’s

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by luca View Post
                      Conical refers to the shape of the burrs, which you can't see from the outside of the grinder.

                      You can pre-weigh and grind into pretty much any grinder.

                      The grinder you describe sounds like the Lyn Weber EG1.

                      Hope that helps!

                      Thats the one i saw ! TY

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks everyone!
                        Questions answered

                        Now what to do about it, add it to the list of mad science projects!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ok just thought of another urstion, if your simgle dosing say peru ceja at 22gms itd fit in my pf but 22 gms of say malbar is a huge bean, 22 wouldnt fit, so is 22 the start point an you adjust up down from that?

                          Tldr i bought scales the other day ive been weighing my doses for consistency and my coffee have improved greatly
                          Last edited by Sullo; 25 October 2019, 06:36 PM. Reason: I cant type fast on ipad!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Which is why I've always said to go by weight by scales not volume by eye. Unless your grinder doses by inbuilt weight.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X