What kind of grinder is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of grinder is this?

Two part question, so I probably should know the answer but I don't know the names of things (and Im old an cant remember)

The kind of grinder I see people dump in prescaled amount of beans in the top and it grinds just that amount down into the pf, is that a conical grinder? What kind?

Second question, I saw what I think was a grinder that looked like a tube about 100mm thick on 45degree angle with a hopper about halfway down it to feed in beans or am I imagining that?

Thanks and Happy Friday!

Answer to the first - you're looking at zero retention grinders, such as the Niche Zero.

Not sure about the second one...

[Edit] are you talking about the Caedo E37Z?

Comment

Conical Baratza sette grinder?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sullo View Post
        Second question, I saw what I think was a grinder that looked like a tube about 100mm thick on 45degree angle with a hopper about halfway down it to feed in beans or am I imagining that?
        Are you thinking of the Kafatek Monolith or Stavros's homemade grinder perhaps?

Java "Call up the mortars!" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sullo View Post
          Two part question, so I probably should know the answer but I don't know the names of things (and Im old an cant remember)

The kind of grinder I see people dump in prescaled amount of beans in the top and it grinds just that amount down into the pf, is that a conical grinder? What kind?

Thanks and Happy Friday!
          Conical refers to the shape of the burrs, which you can't see from the outside of the grinder.

You can pre-weigh and grind into pretty much any grinder.

The grinder you describe sounds like the Lyn Weber EG1.

Hope that helps!

Comment

I think that answers #2!

Java "" phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Sullo if you want to try out a Niche Zero you're welcome to come over and have a go of mine

Comment

Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
                Sullo if you want to try out a Niche Zero you're welcome to come over and have a go of mine
                Tease!! Maybe

Comment

Originally posted by robusto View Post
                  Conical Baratza sette grinder?

270iw or other?

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                    Are you thinking of the Kafatek Monolith or Stavros's homemade grinder perhaps?

Java "Call up the mortars!" phile
                    I think you could be right on both, just cant remember where i saw it! Ty

Steve “fire all forward weapons!” Sullo’s

Comment

Originally posted by luca View Post
                      Conical refers to the shape of the burrs, which you can't see from the outside of the grinder.

You can pre-weigh and grind into pretty much any grinder.

The grinder you describe sounds like the Lyn Weber EG1.

Hope that helps!

Thats the one i saw ! TY

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                        Questions answered

Now what to do about it, add it to the list of mad science projects!

Comment

Ok just thought of another urstion, if your simgle dosing say peru ceja at 22gms itd fit in my pf but 22 gms of say malbar is a huge bean, 22 wouldnt fit, so is 22 the start point an you adjust up down from that?

Tldr i bought scales the other day ive been weighing my doses for consistency and my coffee have improved greatly
                          Last edited by Sullo; 25 October 2019, 06:36 PM. Reason: I cant type fast on ipad!

Comment

Which is why I've always said to go by weight by scales not volume by eye. Unless your grinder doses by inbuilt weight.

Comment

Working...
                            X