Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eureka Mignon Grinder in WA Perth or SW?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eureka Mignon Grinder in WA Perth or SW?

    Eureka Mignon Coffee Grinder AG1.100.OD1


    Does any place in WA southwest or Perth sell the Eureka Mignon? I'm looking at buying this grinder and the Lelit Anna pl41temd ( first machine- joining the slippery path i know ) and am a bit peeved about needing to pay two lots of shipping as I can't find them both from the same supplier.
    My first serious grinder ( currently have a Sunbeam MO480 that's used for plunger coffee)

    Or should I just buy a Rancilio Rocky ( doserless)

    Budget for grinder is 500. I can see jetblack have the more exxy Eurekas and the lelit at the right price but not the mignon I was looking at.
    Last edited by kexkez; 26 October 2019, 02:56 PM. Reason: add more detail

  • #2
    Jetblack, a sponsor, sell both but are in Sydney. Probably not much difference in shipping.

    The Boema has nothing to do with the grinder, it is a machine company in Sydney

    Comment


    • #3
      fixed and removed the word

      Comment


      • #4
        hi 338 Thanks, I couldnt see the Eureka mignon on their site. I am looking at getting the lelit from them. I see they sell the rocky grinder though. Is that what you meant?

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm not sure but site sponsor alternative brewing sells Eureka grinders and charge $9.95 shipping I think. Any reason your heart is set on the Mignon?

          Comment


          • #6
            https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...ffee-grinders/


            Java "One of those?" phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Just from what i'd read on here. The Mignon seemed the better fit. i was until earlier this year thinking rancilio silva and rocky, changed to the lelit and researching all the posts the mignon seemed to the best option grinder in my under 500 price range.

              Comment


              • #8
                out of my budget, 500 max. Javaphile.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Macap m2m ex demo for $419? https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...rinder-Ex-Demo

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by magnafunk View Post
                    I think you've sold me. i missed that one. Anything I should be warned about as a newbie user?

                    I can get cleaner, descaler, milk themo etc fairly locally. anything else worth buying while i'm doing an order? Group head brush etc?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Kexkez, you didn't specify which Mignon. Just ring them, they are clearly a Eureka stockist and are the Lelit importer. I am sure they will sell you a base unit, even if they dont regularly stock it. They might even be open now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 338 View Post
                        Kexkez, you didn't specify which Mignon. Just ring them, they are clearly a Eureka stockist and are the Lelit importer. I am sure they will sell you a base unit, even if they dont regularly stock it. They might even be open now.
                        Hi 338, thanks. I thought I had, but obviously wasnt enough detail. I think magnafunk has nailed it with his suggestion of the M2M. It is sitting in my cart atm with the Lelit. Was just doing a bit of research on it as an alternative. . I can get pretty much most of the basic cleaning gear/ descale, head brush etc fairly locally. Is there anything else I really should get while ordering?
                        Not wish for but actually need to get? Woiuld appreciate any newbie advice before I press the buy button.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Do you have a tamper? And have you considered your water requirements? Most of WA has water that is unsuitable to go in your espresso machine untreated.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kexkez View Post
                            Hi 338, thanks. I thought I had, but obviously wasnt enough detail. I think magnafunk has nailed it with his suggestion of the M2M. It is sitting in my cart atm with the Lelit. Was just doing a bit of research on it as an alternative. . I can get pretty much most of the basic cleaning gear/ descale, head brush etc fairly locally. Is there anything else I really should get while ordering?
                            Not wish for but actually need to get? Woiuld appreciate any newbie advice before I press the buy button.

                            Some cups.
                            Nice cups are very important

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by magnafunk View Post
                              Do you have a tamper? And have you considered your water requirements? Most of WA has water that is unsuitable to go in your espresso machine untreated.
                              yes I agree , our water is shocking here. I will have to get a filter jug and decent tamper and something to use as a tamper mat and knockbox.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X