Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mazzer burrs. OEM vs aftermarket. Any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazzer burrs. OEM vs aftermarket. Any thoughts?

Hi guys,

just picked up a well used Super Jolly. I'm performing a minor resto and the odd mod.

I'll replace the burrs as part of this and wondered if anyone can offer advice on any real difference between genuine and aftermarket.

Thanks.

Buy genuine or SSP only, all other non genuine are likely to be poor performers in quality, service life, or both. According to some the SSP are better than genuine Mazzer.

Comment

Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
      Buy genuine or SSP only, all other non genuine are likely to be poor performers in quality, service life, or both. According to some the SSP are better than genuine Mazzer.

G'day L3N, have purchased one set of aftermarket burrs a few years back, lasted six months, replaced them with a set of Mazzer burrs, still going, though I'm contemplating changing them now.

SSP are way out of my price range, at $350 to $420 they would need to be good.
      https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/brands/ssp

Comment

Thanks, genuine it is.

Comment

Thanks, makes the extra 30 odd dollars insignificant

Comment

Originally posted by mtee View Post
            Thanks, makes the extra 30 odd dollars insignificant
            That $350-$420 is what SSP burrs cost, which is ~4-5 times the $85 that OEM Mazzer burrs cost.

Java "OEM's will last you many years" phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I would always just go the Mazzer burrs. They are very good and on bigger grinders will outlive you.

Comment

Working...
              X