Rancilio Rocky - replace old style base with new style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancilio Rocky - replace old style base with new style

I was wondering if anyone has tried upgrading the base of their older style Rancilio Rocky?

They look like they're compatible (see attached old and new parts diagrams).

I hoping that if I buy and install part 3812367, I can dose straight from the spout onto a portafilter that is sitting on some scales.

At the moment, when I put my scales on the old large stainless steel base, the scale vibrates and eventually my portafilter falls off.
    Attached Files

Looks like a swap would be possible, but I don't know if it will mitigate the vibration issue...

Mal.

Comment

I wouldn't buy/install the new grounds tray, so without it maybe I could get my scale close enough so that grounds would fall straight into my portafilter.

My issue is that the large stainless base vibrates a enough to shake the portafilter off the scale (and scale off the base if I run it long enough), but if i put the scale on the bench next to the grinder the vibration isn't nearly as bad.

I guess I could also make a small stand that goes around and over the current base, so the scale is somewhat isoldated from the grinder vibrations.

Comment

Can you simply put some rubber matting or a piece of that non-slip kitchenware matting on the steel base?

Comment

Working...
        X