Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grinder Required

Hi All,

Newbie around here so apologies if this has already been covered.

I have managed to get my hands on an Izzo Alex Duetto 11 second hand (provided it gets the tick of approval from a coffee machine repairer/service agent) and am now looking for a grinder to pair it with. So was hoping for some advice on the best option from the following choices;
    Breville Smart Grinder, brand new - $200.00
    Rancilio Rocky, second hand - $379.00
    Isomac Professionale or Lelit PL43MMI - $349.00
    Lelit PL44MMT second hand - $429.00

Any thoughts or opinions would be great

IMHO the grinder is more important than the espresso machine.
    Get the best quality grinder you can afford. A good grinder will last a lifetime.

Comment

The choices are all good except the Breville. I would give it a miss. The Rocky is iconic and can do espresso or filter and switch between easily. I had one for 12 years and it never missed a beat.

Comment

Add a few more into your search (and I think there are few for sale on here);

Compak K3 Touch/Advanced
        Mazzer Mini
        Macap M2M/M2D

As others have said the Breville Smart Grinder is not quite up to scratch for an E61 machine. You would be better off going for your other choices.

Comment

There are a couple of K3 & M2 for sale at the moment for good prices

Comment

second the mazzer mini
            haven't had the sette long enough to recommend it but I do like it, is in use every morning
            breville youll be replacing before long, I know I have two

Comment

keep an eye out and you will find a mazzer super jolly going for about $400 2nd hand and will last a life time

Comment

Thanks all, found myself a good condition macap m2m right here in Launceston ��

Comment

Working...
                X