Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mazzer Mini Manual dosed vs ECM C-Manuale 54 doserless

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mazzer Mini Manual dosed vs ECM C-Manuale 54 doserless

    The time is come to upgrade my old Breville BCG820BSS smart grinder Pro. It was good for 2 years as my first good grinder, but conical burrs started to make coffee residue and more noise. (looks it's getting old). I used it with my ECM Manufacture Classica PID to make 1-2 cups of espresso every morning. Grinder was not bad and cleaning was easy. Now I am looking for Mazzer Mini Manual dosed 58mm flat burrs versus ECM C-Manuale 54mm flat burrs doserless. They are both has a similar price range, but ECM looks slim and shiny to pair up with my ECM Classica. I checked you-tube video about Mazzer cleaning and was shocked to see springs full of coffee residue. I also do not like Mazzer Doser in-front (is it possible to remove it for direct dispense of coffee to PF?).
    I do not have any experience with pro-consumer grinders and would greatly appreciate any advice which of these 2 grinders is better for making my 1-2 cups of espresso every morning.

  • #2
    If you want bang for buck second hand grinders are hard to beat. There's even a second hand Mazzer Mini that has been converted to doserless available in the for sale section. There are a couple of other great options too, check these out:

    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-ha...od-sydney.html

    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-ha...io-2019-a.html

    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-ha...m-grinder.html

    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-ha...m4d-black.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
      If you want bang for buck second hand grinders are hard to beat. There's even a second hand Mazzer Mini that has been converted to doserless available in the for sale section. There are a couple of other great options too, check these out:

      https://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-ha...od-sydney.html

      https://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-ha...io-2019-a.html

      https://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-ha...m-grinder.html

      https://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-ha...m4d-black.html
      Thanks for reply. Unfortunately I am living in small country town Shepparton in Victoria. With COVID-19 I have only online options.
      The 2 middle ones are already sold.
      Cheers Alex

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice to see a fellow snob also from Shepparton. Yep choices are limited with the virus situation but while I can’t vouch for this particular Macap I can vouch for the M4D’s abilities having used one for a number of years before my NZ. Personally not keen on the black but that is purely “skin deep”....

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Mono, Are you from Shepparton as well? I know only a couple coffee lovers from Shep, but I was told about one professional barista from GV Hotel. May be you know more coffee snobs.?

          Comment


          • #6
            Unfortunately, I did not get any clear advice from coffee snobs about the better grinder. I believe that this could be my mistake to ask a direct question. People do not like to give preferences openly. I did the same mistake a year ago when I was planning to get my ECM Classica PID. (still working great).
            Actually I discovered that ECM C-manuale 54 mm flat burrs is exactly the same like Profitec Pro M54 and made at the same factory in Germany. Because Profitec company was established earlier (1985) than ECM (1996), Profitec grinders are better known to coffee snobs. I also found a number of threads in coffee snobs about Profitec grinders. I also discovered that only one company in the whole Australia is the accredited distributor of Profitec (there are 3 in NZ for comparison). Finally I ordered my Profitec Pro M54 from Jetblack espresso and waiting the delivery to Shepparton from Sydney.

            Comment


            • #7
              Sorry forgot to mention that when I will receive my new Profitec grinder I will be able to make a photo of my coffee set up with all coffee related equipment. As a relatively new member I was a bit shy to mention that I started up with Italians Espresso-Mocha makers and Ibriks, later got Saeco Via Venezia SIN006XN, next DeLonghi EC860 espresso, had a quick experience with Quick Mill Carola Evo Espresso machine (first my E61 group machine) and currently I am a very happy owner of ECM Classika PID from JetBlack Espresso. Every morning I enjoy my perfect espresso cup of coffee from home freshly roasted green beans. So far so good. Hope to survive pandemic because of good espresso cup every morning. Cheers Alex

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Mono,
                Thank you very much for your suggestion, but I already bought my grinder from JetBlack Espresso and now waiting delivery. I hope when this crisis will be over we could meet in GB coffee new the bookshop in Maude street. Cheers Alex

                Comment


                • #9
                  ECM (parent company) make profitec.
                  Profitec are known better on this site because jetblack is a sponsor and posts a lot.
                  ECM sell more in Aus than profitec
                  Both 54mm grinders are the same

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nice setup that is, fully coffee self sufficient!

                    Nothing to be ashamed of there apart from the Delongi :-) Any super auto is a step back in tasty coffee even the Jura commercial fully automatics produce barely drinkable coffee in my book. Looks like you have owned or played with many cool machines and the Ibrik is pretty much the start of coffee machine history, I have my eye on a vintage copper one on Gumtree to have a play with.

                    Originally posted by ilichev View Post
                    Sorry forgot to mention that when I will receive my new Profitec grinder I will be able to make a photo of my coffee set up with all coffee related equipment. As a relatively new member I was a bit shy to mention that I started up with Italians Espresso-Mocha makers and Ibriks, later got Saeco Via Venezia SIN006XN, next DeLonghi EC860 espresso, had a quick experience with Quick Mill Carola Evo Espresso machine (first my E61 group machine) and currently I am a very happy owner of ECM Classika PID from JetBlack Espresso. Every morning I enjoy my perfect espresso cup of coffee from home freshly roasted green beans. So far so good. Hope to survive pandemic because of good espresso cup every morning. Cheers Alex

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ronin View Post
                      ECM (parent company) make profitec.
                      Profitec are known better on this site because jetblack is a sponsor and posts a lot.
                      ECM sell more in Aus than profitec
                      Both 54mm grinders are the same
                      Hi Ronin, I think it is opposite: Profitec (established in 1985) is the initial company that later had ECM (established in 1996). JetBlack espresso is the only one officially accredited distributor of Profitec in Australia. You are correct that both grinders are exactly the same with 54mm flat burrs. ECM has red top on the grinder dial ring, Profitec is normal. The only advantage I found of Profitec from JetBlack that they upgraded the precision of the ring.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by roosterben View Post
                        Nice setup that is, fully coffee self sufficient!

                        Nothing to be ashamed of there apart from the Delongi :-) Any super auto is a step back in tasty coffee even the Jura commercial fully automatics produce barely drinkable coffee in my book. Looks like you have owned or played with many cool machines and the Ibrik is pretty much the start of coffee machine history, I have my eye on a vintage copper one on Gumtree to have a play with.
                        Hi Roosterben, Nice to know that you was interested in Ibrik. I visited Turkey and had their mud coffee from Ibrik on the hot sand. I need to use my teeth to separate coarse coffee grinds from liquid. But on the other hand Turkish coffee in Ibrik has the highest caffeine contents. It hit you to the head as the hummer.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ilichev View Post
                          Hi Ronin, I think it is opposite: Profitec (established in 1985) is the initial company that later had ECM (established in 1996). JetBlack espresso is the only one officially accredited distributor of Profitec in Australia. You are correct that both grinders are exactly the same with 54mm flat burrs. ECM has red top on the grinder dial ring, Profitec is normal. The only advantage I found of Profitec from JetBlack that they upgraded the precision of the ring.

                          From the ECM factory employees

                          ECM is the main brand
                          Profitec is the secondary brand. Sometimes the same machine, sometimes with less.

                          Interesting place

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ECM is the parent company, Profitec was established by the same owners to increase their overall market share.

                            ECM is positioned as a higher quality brand than Profitec.

                            Cheers

                            Antony

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Casa Espresso View Post
                              ECM is the parent company, Profitec was established by the same owners to increase their overall market share.

                              ECM is positioned as a higher quality brand than Profitec.


                              Antony
                              Cheers
                              Hi Antony, You confused me. Following you explanation, Profitec web page placed the wrong info about the date it was established in 1985, or their both web sites wrong? I took the dates from their websites, and as scientist, I simply refer to their info. What is wrong? Normally parent company should be established first. Please, explain.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X