Help needed! Diamond/ Compak k6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed! Diamond/ Compak k6

I scored this diamond k6 grinder during the week for $100 which I thought was a bargain ! I don’t know a heap about them but I’ve read up as much as I could find on these forums and reckon it was a good score .
    I wanna fix it up so I’m looking for anyone who knows about these grinders.
    The doser doesn’t turn but other than that it seems to be pretty good.
    Does anyone have any info on them, how to get the doser going again , maybe a detailed schematic or something?
    snd where I could get parts from ?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sorry bout the sideways pics, I dunno how to get the upright

Comment

As you can see the doser is pretty filthy!!!
            what can I use to clean it up? Are there any solvents that are good for coffee oils/ residue ? Anything I should avoid? I don’t wanna scratch it up so don’t know if I should use a scourer or steel wool

Comment

This exploded view from the documentation secion under this section, grinders, might help
              https://coffeesnobs.com.au/forum/equ...-exploded-view

Comment

Perfect! That’s exactly what I was looking for
                thanks 338

Comment

If that's what the doser looks like, I would also recommend a thorough disassembly and clean of the burr chamber and chute!

Comment

Lol yeah I plan on pulling the whole thing apart and giving it a proper clean

Comment

Do you know what I can use to clean the residue I off the doser ?

Comment

Cafetto espresso clean is designed to break down coffee residue. You should have something to be cleaning your machine with (assuming you have a machine). Use a teaspoon in about 100ml or so of boiling water, then once it cools a little soak some up in a cloth and wipe it with that. If it's really built up you can remove the bulk of it by mechanical means before attacking with the chemical. I would suggest a wooden paddlepop stick and/or a bamboo skewer.

Comment

Okay great
                          I have the cafetto tablets so I’ll dissolve one of them but I think I’m definitely gonna have to use some elbow grease , thanks for paddle pop stick suggestion, I reckon that’ll work well

Comment

A friend with a K6 found his grind adjustment seized due to lack of use, and living on the waterfront - a tiny amount of corrosion led to a difficult job of getting it moving again. It is definitely a good grinder though, and well worth cleaning up!
                            Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                            X