Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Dose Grinder options available in Aus

Hi Guys,

Newbie here, I’m in the market to purchase a La Marzocco Linea Mini and have been reading like crazy that I should I pair my machine with an equally as good grinder.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the monolith conical is out (due to waiting period + costs/exchange rates) - would love to hear anyone’s story on import and customs fees though for future consideration down the track.

Anyway, I’m after a single dose grinder that would help me get the best out of the LMLM.

I’d prefer something smaller in size as I do have limited space and am open to options. Budget is around 2.5k but am willing to exceed if required. No preference for conical vs flat either.

Thanks for the help guys!

Regards,
    CoffeeNoob

I use a niche zero with my linea mini. Couldn’t ask for more

Comment

Niche Zero or Option-O Lagom P64

Comment

Niche zero for conical and Lagom P64 for flat. The P64 is in the same kind of boat as the Monolith though but I'm not sure what the waiting time is like.

FWIW I have the monolith flat and the niche zero. Both great grinders, both take up minimal space and look good in the kitchen. The HG One is also great (starting to think maybe I have too many grinders?) if you don't mind manual grinding.

Comment

Agreed Niche.

LM's Swift mini would single dose, but the complexity of it scares the bejesus out of me- especially given the autotamp on the original swift was a dog. etzMax also single doses, but it's counterintuitive to the whole gravimetric dosing idea.

Comment

Thanks all, really appreciate the input. Given the ridiculous exchange rate currently, it’s probably best I stick with the Niche as recommended and look into the Monolith/P64 down the track. Concerned that I’ll be hit with an unexpected import fee given the amount exceeds $1000AUD.

Comment

Originally posted by Chriswrx7 View Post
              Thanks all, really appreciate the input. Given the ridiculous exchange rate currently, it’s probably best I stick with the Niche as recommended and look into the Monolith/P64 down the track. Concerned that I’ll be hit with an unexpected import fee given the amount exceeds $1000AUD.
              Or buy an AUS model if you would like warranty and aftersales support #buylocal

Comment

i came across a used ek43 for about 1800 on facebook it is the tall one tho from a cafe closing down

Comment

Originally posted by rRoasted View Post
                  i came across a used ek43 for about 1800 on facebook it is the tall one tho from a cafe closing down
                  Buy a vacuum as well

Comment

I purchased a Niche from Antony at Casa Espresso last week. Couldn't be happier. Truly is fantastice value at it's price.

Comment

Originally posted by stilvia View Post
                      I purchased a Niche from Antony at Casa Espresso last week. Couldn't be happier. Truly is fantastice value at it's price.
                      And what was that price that achieved the "fantastic value" label?

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post

And what was that price that achieved the "fantastic value" label?
                        https://www.casaespresso.com.au/niche-zero.html

Comment

Ordered one today from Antony and can't recommend casa espresso enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Chriswrx7 View Post
                            You won’t get import duties for a P64. Mine shipped direct from China, but the purchase was made in Australia. Not sure exactly how these things work, but I guess taxes are worked into the price like a normal local purchase.

Comment

The rules have changed on GST for imports; there’s now no $1,000 threshold FYI. Any amount is subject to GST. You’ll see it on eBay purchases done automatically, with direct sales it is usually picked up by customs. The occasional one still gets through.

Comment

Working...
                              X