Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compak E5 Issue

Hi Everyone,

I have a Compak E5 Grinder that is 4years old and it has recently developed an issue. Before going back to where I bought the grinder, I thought I might check if there is an easy solution form anyone on here.

Whenever I switch on the grinder it reverts back to Spanish and the grind times set also revert back to previously saved values not the last ones I set. I removed the interface and put a new battery in it to eliminate that maybe the battery was low and didn't always hold/supply power, causing it to reset. Unfortunately no luck there and still has the issue.

Therefore, I am wondering if anyone has experienced this issue or has some knowledge of it.

Thankfully, it is more an annoying problem and not stopping me being able to use the grinder.

Paragraph 12.5 in the User Manual talks about how to replace the battery without losing stored data.

Other than that, nothing mentioned since there's no troubleshooting guide.

I would just call Compak directly.

Comment

Thanks, I wish my manual had information about the battery but mentions nothing. I did lose all my data for ground/shots amounts.

Also, I already had lost this data previously when the original battery died.

I should see if I can download an updated manual if there is one that mentions the battery replacement.

Comment

There were a whole batch of early and faulty boards which reverted to Spanish and had to be replaced under warranty. Suggest you follow up with your place of purchase.

Comment

Thanks Caffeinator, that's handy to know. It does look like there might not be a simple solution, so will contact the place of purchase.

Comment

Working...
          X