Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macap M2M or Sette 270

Hi guys,

About to purchase my first grinder for making expresso at home.

My budget is $500 and I have been tossing up between the Macap M2M Black and the Sette 270.

What I like about each grinder

Macap M2M:
    - 50mm flat burrs
    - Stepless
    - Grinds on Demand
    - Quieter than Sette

Sette 270:
    - looks cool
    - fast 40mm burr
    - stepless
    - programmable

Both are out of stock atm but still having trouble deciding.

Does anyone own these and could they help me make a decison?

splashalot Many thanks for your comments, unable to reply via PM as I'm a new member to the forums but your detailed reply was extremely helpful. I'm leaning towards the Macap atm for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. Thank you again I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by motion2082 View Post
      splashalot Many thanks for your comments, unable to reply via PM as I'm a new member to the forums but your detailed reply was extremely helpful. I'm leaning towards the Macap atm for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. Thank you again I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.
      Good call. Would have liked to hear the arguments that lead to this but I understand why.

Comment

Originally posted by lancruiser View Post

Good call. Would have liked to hear the arguments that lead to this but I understand why.
        Basically: Macap will likely be more durable/reliable. The taste will differ between flat and conical burrs, so best to figure our first which the OP prefers.

Comment

I like the look of the Sette 270 a little better and it looks like it would be a little easier to clean, adjust and dose however the Macap does appear to be more durable/reliable

Comment

I own and use the M2M and have not used a Sette 270, however, the M2M does everything I need as an espresso grinder. I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. I find the grind quite consistent and it is simple to clean.

Comment

Pulled the pin today and back ordered a M2M via Alternative Brewing for $439, should arrive by the end of the month

Anyone know if the M2M comes with a manual for adjusting the grind setting?

Comment

A manual for adjusting the grind setting? There's probably a could of lines about it in the manual.

Comment

This video explains at 1:15 how the adjustment system works. It's pretty intuitive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57BrCtnjMvQ

Comment

Just about to pull the trigger on one of these. Considering picking one up second hand if I can find one. A great choice!

Comment

Originally posted by rpgilbert View Post
                      Just about to pull the trigger on one of these. Considering picking one up second hand if I can find one. A great choice!
                      Ive got one I just replaced the burrs on before I bought a Niche to satisfy my needs of switching beans regularly. I could look at letting it go, had planned to keep it as a backup or sell locally due to i'd imagine shipping costs.

Comment

Originally posted by splashalot View Post
                        This video explains at 1:15 how the adjustment system works. It's pretty intuitive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57BrCtnjMvQ
                        Thank you Splashalot
                        Linsy said you adjust the micro setting while the grinder is on at 1:15
                        Must have missed it the first time as her outfit distracts away from the machine

Comment

Working...
                        X