Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhatBoy View Post
    hmmm....did you install the shim kit?
    PhatBoy nope. This whole episode has been only the second time I've removed the inner burr assembly. The first time was just to see how easy it was to remove.

Comment

I had a custom bent cabletie, poked it up from underneath after every grind to get rid of those grinds.
      maybe a drop of water (or wet finger) stirred through the beans before grinding them may help

Comment

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
        I had a custom bent cabletie, poked it up from underneath after every grind to get rid of those grinds.
        maybe a drop of water (or wet finger) stirred through the beans before grinding them may help
        Ingenious!

Comment

I decided to give my sette 270wi a thorough clean but after reassembling the burr now the coffee seems to be possessed and shoots off in all directions including upward (it seems to defy the gravity laws, it’s quite entertaining) making a total mess on the bench. I assume I’ve somehow created static charge on the burr when I’ve cleaned it, has this happened to anyone, and how do I remedy?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfish View Post
            I decided to give my sette 270wi a thorough clean but after reassembling the burr now the coffee seems to be possessed and shoots off in all directions including upward (it seems to defy the gravity laws, it’s quite entertaining) making a total mess on the bench. I assume I’ve somehow created static charge on the burr when I’ve cleaned it, has this happened to anyone, and how do I remedy?
            Hmmm that's interesting... I have had that exact thing happen, but it was just dependent on the bean type. Is the plastic chute reinstalled properly? (The chute that helps direct the grounds downward rather than all over the place)

Comment

Try a wet finger stirred through the beans before you put them in the hopper.
              I don't know the upper limit of this, but a couple of drops (technical term) doesn't seem to upset things, but makes the static noticeably less.

Comment

Originally posted by simonsk8r View Post
                Hmmm that's interesting... I have had that exact thing happen, but it was just dependent on the bean type. Is the plastic chute reinstalled properly? (The chute that helps direct the grounds downward rather than all over the place)
                Funny enough, I did switch to different beans after the clean, so I cannot exclude that it is actually caused by the coffee. Also, on second thought, the coffee seems to have the static charge as it keeps jumping out of the container after I’ve ground it if I stir it with a teaspoon.
                Interesting indeed!
                I’ll try the wet finger next time.

Comment

Blackfish, I had the terrible electrostatic spraying soon after I got my 270Wi when I got the Lavazza Super Crema, as recommended by WholeLatteLove in one of their reviews. They were fresh enough, from memory, and lived up to their name. However, the static was terrible and resulted in my getting the 3D funnel printed. I haven't had it happen since with fresher beans and now roasting my own. If you wish to stick with those beans then I do recommend that funnel and, failing that, Jackster's recommended Ross Droplet Technique (RDT).

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfish View Post
                    Funny enough, I did switch to different beans after the clean, so I cannot exclude that it is actually caused by the coffee. Also, on second thought, the coffee seems to have the static charge as it keeps jumping out of the container after I’ve ground it if I stir it with a teaspoon. Interesting indeed! I’ll try the wet finger next time.
                    Yeah seriously some beans are just like that, and consistently too. Can pretty much predict it will happen every with a certain Colombian I roast up!

Comment

Yes, rdt is not my invention

Comment

Regarding retention, just did a burr clean today, and like others it came to about 2 grams just in the slots where grinds fall through. Interesting! Never noticed a difference when just purging 1 gram, but from now on I may use something to clear a bit of it out, and purge just a small amount. Need something bendy and not rough, like Jackster 's cable tie idea!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X