No announcement yet.

Grinder recommendation for small space, sub $700 if possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've also just finished the transition from the Breville to the same Eureka Mignon E (black).
    Overall pretty happy with the upgrade! It's taken me a little bit to adjust to the new workflow, but I'm loving it. Coffee is steadily improving.
    Good luck!

Comment

The Mignon is a solid little "no frills" grinder. I've owned one for over six years and it hasn't missed a beat. Still gets used every day even though I also have the Atom.
      Eureka is a solid brand, enjoy
      Mal

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	99BEF083-7F75-42C2-B07B-3273CABB9D65.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	323.1 KB
ID:	837591
        Thanks for the support guys! Gotta tweak the placement of things but super impressed with size, sound, build quality. Timer seems like it has enough range to get the dose I need. Bit messy, but I’ve got a chute mod and a tray to catch any stray grounds or drips printing overnight. Might print a chunkier lid to get a better positive seal. Keen to play tomorrow!

Comment

• Whorl
          Whorl commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd be keen to see how those prints go! Something I'm considering for mine, but I'm managing ok for now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0639107A-7516-4A51-810B-2761B4F1F4F0.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	837611 Click image for larger version

Name:	741598CB-2061-4B14-9E02-68EF4E18270E.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	837610 Click image for larger version

Name:	82111622-3031-459C-BDAE-0B75CCED9CC9.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	837609

Tray is a really nice fit, squeezes in and sits tight but can be easily removed for emptying. Especially good for catching any drips from portafilter between shots.

I printed the short chute design, definitely helps keep things targeted, but I think I may try the longer version. Really nice press fit at 101% scale. If it works I’d consider designing my own that narrows the path to aim it at the centre of the basket.

Only a few coffees in today, it’s pulling shots over a time I was accustomed to before the loan grinder (25-30seconds instead of 15) and the Crema is definitely back in earnest. Need to play and dial it in even further but I’m very hopeful!

Comment

• Whorl
          Whorl commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks pretty good!
          Do you have links to any of these prints?

• chewbacca
          chewbacca commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3601079

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4051873

Im currently designing my own funnel design to taper and focus the grounds a little more than the linked one, but they work good for now

• Whorl
          Whorl commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! I'll see if I can get someone to print these at work for me. Good luck with the design!

Sweet set-up! Looks great!

Comment

Working...
        X