Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was there ever a non-pro version of the Breville 820?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there ever a non-pro version of the Breville 820?

I’m looking at a 2nd hand breville smart grinder. The sticker on the bottom says it’s a bs820 but the seller says it is not the pro. It looks exactly like the pro. Was there an earlier model that was not the pro? What were the differences?

cheers
    Chris

Originally posted by Cben View Post
    I’m looking at a 2nd hand breville smart grinder. The sticker on the bottom says it’s a bs820 but the seller says it is not the pro. It looks exactly like the pro. Was there an earlier model that was not the pro? What were the differences?

cheers
    Chris
    Yes the original model was called the Breville Smart Grinder and had a product code of BCG800. That was superseded by the Breville Smart Grinder Pro which has a product code of BCG820. So BCG820 = Pro. The main difference is the adjustable upper burr holder. So if it has an adjustable upper burr holder then it is a BCG820 which is the Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post

Yes the original model was called the Breville Smart Grinder and had a product code of BCG800. That was superseded by the Breville Smart Grinder Pro which has a product code of BCG820. So BCG820 = Pro. The main difference is the adjustable upper burr holder. So if it has an adjustable upper burr holder then it is a BCG820 which is the Pro.
      This one is definitely an 820 but he says the pro has the number BCG820BSS but his is just the BCG820. I’ll check if the upper burr holder has the 1-10 adjustment on it....

Comment

BSS stands for “brushed stainless steel”. it just means it’s the silver one and not the black one which is the 820BKS (“black sesame”).

820 is the pro but as said previously just check the upper burr and if it’s adjustable it’s the pro.

Comment

Turns out the guy didn’t really know his grinders.....it was the pro and I think I picked up a bit of a bargain.....happy days!

Comment

Working...
          X